LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 hours ago, melting said:

Untitled.jpg

I know that spacemen come in a large number of colors, but I really wish the background had just gone with classic blue instead of silver. Looks less recognizable to me. 

I think this one will probably be the most expensive of the bunch, probably tied with castle. Castle would be more attractive if it had higher quality colors; using the peach color instead of gold made it looks cheap. 

28 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Are we sure the probe isn't coming out tonight?

TWSS? 

I had posted the other day that because there has been no leaked pictures of the actual set it may not be ready to ship, but don’t see why they wouldn’t make the redemption option live. 

If you look at the sources one is a phone call to S at H, one is based on some getting an email that shows the probe while later emails did not, and the other website is just recycling that same info. Based on what happened with the Porsche probably, but also it is April 1st so who knows. 

42 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

TWSS? 

I had posted the other day that because there has been no leaked pictures of the actual set it may not be ready to ship, but don’t see why they wouldn’t make the redemption option live. 

If you look at the sources one is a phone call to S at H, one is based on some getting an email that shows the probe while later emails did not, and the other website is just recycling that same info. Based on what happened with the Porsche probably, but also it is April 1st so who knows. 

I'm still checking later tonight when the Shuttle goes on sale but I have seen the delay from many channels, many different versions of the text, on many websites and Facebook from users calling in and getting the same answer both in the usa and europe along with the lego lan network conveying it.  I agree they could have had redemptions available anyways and be on backorder for 30 days.  oh well at least we get the space coin now.

45 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

I'm still checking later tonight when the Shuttle goes on sale but I have seen the delay from many channels, many different versions of the text, on many websites and Facebook from users calling in and getting the same answer both in the usa and europe along with the lego lan network conveying it.  I agree they could have had redemptions available anyways and be on backorder for 30 days.  oh well at least we get the space coin now.

Maybe Lego has a sense of humor and is playing an April fools joke on us.

2 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

I've got 1900 VIP points. I can get the coin now, redeem it with the shuttle. The shuttle should provide enough points to bump me back up to space probe value, but not until they ship the shuttle. Are we sure the probe isn't coming out tonight?

I have exactly the same dilemma.

18 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Another set launch, another terrible website experience.

I was hoping as an April Fools day joke that it would work perfectly.

lol  Got a 502 Bad Gateway error and went to a white screen.  *facepalm*  This is beyond pathetic.  

Just got a second 502 on the payment screen.  *grrr*

Edited by exracer327

Finally got my shuttle order to go through, kinda.  Clicked the last button to finalize the order and received an error.  Checked CC and I have a charge pending, so assuming it went through.

The Space Rocket Ride (40335) and Easter Carrot House were included as the GWP.  I also had a Sea Accessories set in my cart from earlier today just in case the shuttle went to back-order.

Edited by keith1833
Previous orders page finally refreshed and order is confirmed there.

13 hours ago, Pseudoty said:
I had posted the other day that because there has been no leaked pictures of the actual set it may not be ready to ship, but don’t see why they wouldn’t make the redemption option live

Yet here is a pic of the instruction book for the May 4th promo 
ETA: Unless this is an April Fools 

<pic removed by mod>

5 hours ago, keith1833 said:

Finally got my shuttle order to go through, kinda.  Clicked the last button to finalize the order and received an error.  Checked CC and I have a charge pending, so assuming it went through.

The Space Rocket Ride (40335) and Easter Carrot House were included as the GWP.  I also had a Sea Accessories set in my cart from earlier today just in case the shuttle went to back-order.

Weird, the Carrot House didn't show up for me. Guessing it varies not just by country, but also by warehouse.

28 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Wow sold out already!!! Did not last long 20 minutes or something WTF Man!! 

56453568-B6F0-4D15-B00A-A30EEF9A431C.jpeg

That is crazy, by FAR the fastest to sell out, the rest lasted around 2 weeks. Also, as the prior ones have continued to sell for quite a bit on eBay, I suspect resellers have been buying more than the first couple.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Before the coins released, I was expecting they would sell for £20 max. I'm holding mine to sell as a collection of 5. I don't think its unreasonable to think a full set of 5 coins plus coin holder won't sell for £3/400.

I'm doing the same. I would have been very upset if I waited and missed this one.

this may not be good timing as the focus is on the coins, but i just noticed the Patent Prints have been seriously discounted.

i originally used 650 points to get the elephant print. now it's been reduced by 77%.

went ahead and redeemed 750 points for the limited edition of 5,000 german toy car print that was originally 3200 points I believe. couldn't pass on the yellow print of the original system brochure for 150 either.

lego_prints.png

7 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

this may not be good timing as the focus is on the coins, but i just noticed the Patent Prints have been seriously discounted.

i originally used 650 points to get the elephant print. now it's been reduced by 77%.

went ahead and redeemed 750 points for the limited edition of 5,000 german toy car print that was originally 3200 points I believe. couldn't pass on the yellow print of the original system brochure for 150 either.

lego_prints.png

was the elephant print you got stamped "1st edition" ?

10 minutes ago, melting said:

was the elephant print you got stamped "1st edition" ?

i gave it away last year, but i just checked my history and it does say it was a 1st edition.

update: i do remember it saying 1st edition around the raised seal of authenticity in the bottom left or right corner. it was not numbered though.

elephant.png

Edited by Captain_Obvious

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion