LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

21 minutes ago, raulaco said:

People surely will want to see the condition of the coins before buying though, especially as collectors. I would think it will be worth more to show the awful condition tbh :)

I've opened mine up and had no problem flipping for $60 each

1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Fastest one to sell out it sounds like? Really haven’t follow the sell out timeline over there. In the US the last 2 have lasted around 2 weeks each

great, that means the gig is up and QF prices will tank.  I got a code and am holding until I can get the Amelia Earhart GWP as well.

27 minutes ago, raulaco said:

People surely will want to see the condition of the coins before buying though, especially as collectors. I would think it will be worth more to show the awful condition tbh :)

I've sold many things on Ebay that were "factory sealed" and won't stop with these.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I've opened mine up and had no problem flipping for $60 each

great, that means the gig is up and QF prices will tank.  I got a code and am holding until I can get the Amelia Earhart GWP as well.

Yeah same here, haven’t redeemed the Pirates either waiting for that.

Really hard to tell, but I don’t think there are that many of these things produced to begin with. Once the “<50 left” note shows up it takes a couple of days for them to fully sell out, so if they are done in 2 weeks and less than 50 are sold daily, then you are left with less than 1,000 per coin.

• Like 1

Short-time lurker, likely not going to post much, but I figured I'd let you all know that I received my Octan coin today (the benefits of living less than three hours away from a LEGO warehouse) and either I got lucky, or the quality is MUCH better. No residue in between the glass, the coin is facing as straight up as it can get and the paint job is excellent. Since it's hand painted it's not completely flawless, but you have to peer really closely at it in order to spot the flaws. 

Long story short, if this was the quality of all five coins, I would be very pleased.

• Like 5

On 3/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, Roklion said:

Has anybody ever redeemed the Fiat poster series reward? The point value doubles that of a coin, I'm curious what that is, but also very hesitant to waste my point on just color-printed posters. 

I’ve gotten number Avenger/end game posters and the quality of paper is top notch. 

On 3/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, CosmicSpeed said:

I've redeemed almost all of the Originals, they usually ship in their own flat box. Nice paper quality.

Same here, I especially enjoy the patent prints. I’d say the paper falls under the Cover category of paper.   The official pressed seal is also a nice feature.

8 hours ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

<50 Octan coins left

I just received my Pirates coin this wknd.  The quality was actually very nice, I was pleasantly surprised.  The Octan coin will be next up.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Does anyone in here gamble on those giveaways? 
seems like a waste of points

10 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I have for the SDCC figures but yeah, I never win stuff like that, so I don't even know why I bother. 

Same here, just a waste of points imo.  Especially after reading the fine print.

image.png.39f2bb910cb66def177ab97985d0dae5.png    Bros out there just maxing their entries, haha.

I fell victim to FOMO for the Coins.  Also have been enjoying the Originals print series for a year or two.     I like to save my points just incase a cool set gets listed (Red brick, Creater Fountain, etc.)

18 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I fell victim to FOMO for the Coins.  Also have been enjoying the Originals print series for a year or two.     I like to save my points just incase a cool set gets listed (Red brick, Creater Fountain, etc.)

3 coins and the case made me EUR 172, with EUR 27 worth of VIP points... >500% profit in a few days. Isn't that cool ?!

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, Roklion said:

Has anybody ever redeemed the Fiat poster series reward? The point value doubles that of a coin, I'm curious what that is, but also very hesitant to waste my point on just color-printed posters. 

On 3/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, Dark Helmet said:

$20 for a 8.3" x 11.7" print.. that seems small.. hope the quality is better than the coins;)

Here is a sample of the originals. 

1 hour ago, dmind said:

3 coins and the case made me EUR 172, with EUR 27 worth of VIP points... >500% profit in a few days. Isn't that cool ?!

Great Scott!! Well done sir👍 Would be great if they hold their value. 

0BED8781-46A2-49C6-9D19-29E9E1A9C867.jpeg

0D3EF3C2-1ED5-41A5-A8A9-E47199C5478C.jpeg

• Like 3

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion