LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

12 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Nah, they know Mrs. and Mr. Claus are going through a divorce and don’t want the elves to be too upset or wonder who gets custody of the reindeer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am willing to bet $1 the main reason for cancellation was a feedback from their focus group along the line of "How come Santa sits around in a chair while Mrs Claus is doing ALL the works" ?

:drag:

• Like 1

both double VIP points canceled along Mr & Mrs. Claus' Living Room(40489). Damn, sort of unprecedented for Lego to do this.

official statement from Lego:

"We decided not to release this product as it didn't meet our strict quality standards. Because we work so hard to provide the best possible play experiences, we never compromise the quality of our products."

The epitome of a PR coverup.  Lots of rumors for the reason such as low stock, cost of packaging prohibitive, uproar from PC crowd, bad batch of plastic.

Heard it here first, 40489 will be released as a regular set after seeing the success of Santa's Sleigh(40499).

2 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

supposedly the january Disney gwp cancelled too so pretty sure it is more with their stock levels,  usually don't like to run with low when its not needed.

Well hopefully the 15th year Modular anniversary GWP set for 1/1/22 is still on that is the one I am wanting. 

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Well hopefully the 15th year Modular anniversary GWP set for 1/1/22 is still on that is the one I am wanting. 

is this the gwp ? 

lego 40532 listed on this page the image is the old 10230 but something like it I guess

or with any modular or any lego purchase ?

Edited by starwarsxpress

14 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

is this the gwp ? 

lego 40532 listed on this page the image is the old 10230 but something like it I guess

or with any modular or any lego purchase ?

10230 was not free. I think it was about $80 and contains over 1300 pieces. Not sure they will be ‘giving away’ a set this large as a GWP….

• Like 1

supposedly the january Disney gwp cancelled too so pretty sure it is more with their stock levels,  usually don't like to run with low when its not needed.

First I’m hearing about either of those. What were/are they?

2 minutes ago, legorunner said:

I believe that VIP vouchers are usually good for 30 days, but am I making it up or are the discounted vouchers from the Cyber Monday "sale" good for 60 days? I think I read that somewhere, but again, that may just be wishful thinking. Thanks! 

It did say 60 days because I got mine planned for using 1/1/2022. 

• Thanks 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion