LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Weird VIP only Super Mario bundle packs. I guess these aren’t selling well? Then again, it makes sense to sell them like this ahead of Xmas. No real discount though so emoji2371.png

https://www.lego.com/en-us/super-mario/team-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's bonus VIP points on the bundles, makes it like 10-11% back in points- though because some of these sets are available elsewhere for 20-25% off it's not really a good deal.

Also... this picture isn't even what the bundle is?image.png.4cca7b5a1507cc5f05a2eaec5de29c3f.png

• Like 1

Alright, so I finally sold my 3 Pooh's for $200..

I had offers right off the rip at $450, but I got greedy. 

I've learned this with the loyalty market:

• As soon as they drop, redeem and place the order
  • As soon as received, sell!!!

Seen a dramatic drop in several reward prices over the years; Batpod, Pooh's, Coins, Adidas (physical shoes), and even freaking Luigi.

Am I thinking too short-term?

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Seen a dramatic drop in several reward prices over the years; Batpod, Pooh's, Coins, Adidas (physical shoes), and even freaking Luigi.

I think this is a good rule of thumb but there's not enough long term data ...the resell price curve may initially jump, then gradual slope down, hit a plateau (for unknown duration) and then possibly start rising again (but due to lack of publicity the pool of buyers likely goes way down over time)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I believe this is generally correct, and that the same can be said about GWPs as well.

Some stay around the same in value like the limited edition batmobile, but how many actually increase in value?

36 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone know when the LEGO Shop at Home limits reset? I bought three Gingerbread Houses this year with the last one being in July. I'm assuming if I place another now, it will get canceled?

It's possible. You may be able to order without it being auto cancelled but no guarantees . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone know when the LEGO Shop at Home limits reset? I bought three Gingerbread Houses this year with the last one being in July. I'm assuming if I place another now, it will get canceled?

there isn't a set time...and it doesn't technically "reset" but you may be able to buy more if the set limit goes up like from 2 to 5 (according to a chat w/ a LEGO rep)

though there seems to be anecdotal example of actual resets.  As for my personal experiences, I know the limits have been enforced over a span of 2 years

34 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

there isn't a set time...and it doesn't technically "reset" but you may be able to buy more if the set limit goes up like from 2 to 5 (according to a chat w/ a LEGO rep)

though there seems to be anecdotal example of actual resets.  As for my personal experiences, I know the limits have been enforced over a span of 2 years

2 years?? Dang, that's crazy long. 

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Just got my answer. Placed an order today and insta-canceled. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

This is the first time I've placed an order after hitting the limit of one set. Gotta watch myself going forward.

Last year Amazon was dropshipping direct from Lego. They counted that against your personal quantity limits and linked your Amazon orders to your address.

I placed 3 diner orders directly from Lego and they were canceled a couple hours after ordering. My ban didn't actually get put into place until almost 6 months later randomly between purchases. I reached out to them many times trying to figure out why I was banned, as I never over ordered from them and the best they could give me was that my Diner and Hidden side castle orders went over the limit and that flagged me as a reseller. When I  told them I ordered the Diner's from Amazon, and Lego dropshipped them, that didn't seem to matter. Even worse were the Hidden Side Castles that they canceled each time for being out of stock, then the fourth order was canceled for being over the limit. So I never got a single castle from them, but that was held against me. Got all the castles from Kohl's, who shipped directly.

They did get it right, as I certainly meet the definition of a reseller. I'm just glad they didn't ban my other accounts or the addresses I ship to, just my main account to my house.

From a post I made back in January, months before my random ban.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Interesting. I never successfully ordered any of the Diner's from Lego. But had some dropshipped from Amazon directly from Lego. Got the "over limit" email from the Diner's I just ordered. 

Apparently when they dropship... they count them against you without giving you the points or promos. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, KShine said:

Lucky - If you are already on their radar, you can get banned.

I've had about a dozen attempts foiled...mainly because it's hard to keep track since the limits are enforced for year(s)...not really worried about banning because for limits of 1 it's a pretty harsh penalty for the typical joe.

that said I hate it that the entire order gets canceled which may cause me to miss out on a deal or promo

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I've had about a dozen attempts foiled...mainly because it's hard to keep track since the limits are enforced for year(s)...not really worried about banning because for limits of 1 it's a pretty harsh penalty for the typical joe.

that said I hate it that the entire order gets canceled which may cause me to miss out on a deal or promo

It wouldn't be hard for them to program your limits in after each purchase and just deny at the cart level. What do I know, LEGO are the IT experts. 🤪

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

So the VIP Reward Code (Amelia Earhart promo set) is now invalid since I used it on the order that got canceled due to hitting the limit. Do I need to call customer service or will it reset in a couple of days?

You are absolutely going to have to contact customer support. Been there, done that.

• Thanks 1

So instead of just making one VIP reward for online and in store lego updated the icons to make it less confusing which one is for online. Per the Brick Fan when the change was made in the UK the amount of points required to redeem a reward was lower and lego did not pull a Target and cancel the orders. 

A03A8420-E3CC-4C72-B7E6-4A419D83335B.png

I'm trying to claim my Luigi keychain by adding the received VIP promo code with my current purchase. it accepts my code, but still shows only 1 item in cart and no mention of the keychain in the summary. How do I make sure make sure it comes with the order? call CS?

1 hour ago, martinel said:

I'm trying to claim my Luigi keychain by adding the received VIP promo code with my current purchase. it accepts my code, but still shows only 1 item in cart and no mention of the keychain in the summary. How do I make sure make sure it comes with the order? call CS?

Had that happen to me with another reward. I logged off and added the item I wanted in the cart and then entered the code for the reward. It then showed up. I logged back in during checkout.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, oneknightr said:

Had that happen to me with another reward. I logged off and added the item I wanted in the cart and then entered the code for the reward. It then showed up. I logged back in during checkout.

I tried by couldn't find any way to have the keychain appear. Ended up on a call to CS, who tried the code also without success. As per their instruction, I entered the code and placed an order (without any sign kechain anywhere) and basket showing only 1 item.

To my (and their) surprise, the confirmation email came with the Luigi keychain clearly shown as an ordered item (so a total of 2 items) and I'm set.

oh, the mysterious ways of Lego :)

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion