LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

all lego coins going to be re released later this year... looooool

Of course they wait until the final coin released to make that announcement.  They wanted to soak up as many VIP points as possible creating demand for something they would reprint or have a bulk of (as I don't believe they stated were actually limited, just collectable).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KShine said:

Mental note to self:

When something that is fairly worthless, with an open-ended production run has an absurd valuation - Sell.

18f727ea8185b99115a8b1fae98e20e4.jpg

"Every flipper knows
That the secret to high margins
Is knowin' what to sale today
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every set's a winner
And every set's a turd
And the best that you can hope for
Is an EOL within a week"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

Here comes the race to the bottom on getting rid of these. The timing of this announcement 3 days before the last coin release was a slap in the face. 

well if getting the coins the 2nd time is just as hard as this go around...I think the scarcity/rarity will be maintained....just gotta keep holding if you're not seeing the right sell price. For me it's a no brainer to keep holding these rather than "fire sale"...it's not like they take up a lot of storage space.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

well if getting the coins the 2nd time is just as hard as this go around...I think the scarcity/rarity will be maintained....just gotta keep holding if you're not seeing the right sell price. For me it's a no brainer to keep holding these rather than "fire sale"...it's not like they take up a lot of storage space.  

Good point I'll wait to complete the set before I sell. And having a second set would be fantastic.

The Brother's Brick (no affiliation😋) just posted a very informative article regarding these coins and the VIP system in general.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/05/18/the-final-lego-collectable-vip-gold-coin-will-be-available-on-may-20th-news/

Glad theyve heard the complaint of only one reward per purchase. Also still helarious to find out TLG not ready for the volume of traffic on their website.  Are they living under a rock?!

"Jason said that globally, 10,000 sets were available, which is about four times the typical quantity that the company produces for VIP rewards. LEGO was very surprised at the demand, he says, and noted that the website experienced more traffic as that promotion went live than even during Black Friday." 

Probably b/c sales on Black Friday were BARF!!

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, sodoubleoggood said:

Do we think this coin becomes available at midnight est?

Sure.  At midnight the world will go on lego's website, it will crash, and we will all be pressing F5 to refresh until 3am.  Once we get it working, the coin will be gone and everyone will be whining on Facebook.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, supergman said:

Sure.  At midnight the world will go on lego's website, it will crash, and we will all be pressing F5 to refresh until 3am.  Once we get it working, the coin will be gone and everyone will be whining on Facebook.

it is advertised as 9 am est from many lego sites from the lego ambassador network for the usa.  that said I am checking midnight, 6, 7 and 9 lol

4 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

ID SAY 80% are now hitting ebay lol

Why would people pay 70 plus for a coin that might be available on a few weeks lol. 

Also those people on eBay are listing pre orders which time and time again I see and is completely against eBay's policy. eBay just don't care though. 

Edited by raulaco

15 minutes ago, raindroplet said:

So after Ulysses and this, is it just a foregone conclusion that the Bricklink Designer Sets are a pipedream for anyone not jacked into cyberspace?

Time to have some hardware setup in Billund or wherever their servers are to reduce latency. 😄

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion