LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

with the coin delay my guess is they are manufacturing a boat load more of the last coin and only the last coin and will post it in a month or two 

The space coin was made in August of 2020 so not sure if they could or would order up another round of the gold coin. 

Damn it looks like what I’ve feared all along after the Ulysses outrage is going to happen after all. It seems Lego will be releasing another UCS style Tumbler set along with a minifigure version of it but instead of it being included as GWP, it will retail for $40. 

Maybe I am wrong to assume that Lego initially planned to include a smaller tumbler as GWP as Lego also released a minifigure version of 66 batmobile earlier as a standalone set but who knows? Out of all my GWP except for Christmas sets, my favorite GWP has to be the ‘89 batmobile so I know lego can do a limited GWP release with a big piece count but after that last outrage, I don’t think LEGO would ever give it away for free when there are customers lining up to pay for it. 

Edited by lebrick

3 hours ago, lebrick said:

Damn it looks like what I’ve feared all along after the Ulysses outrage is going to happen after all. It seems Lego will be releasing another UCS style Tumbler set along with a minifigure version of it but instead of it being included as GWP, it will retail for $40. 

Maybe I am wrong to assume that Lego initially planned to include a smaller tumbler as GWP as Lego also released a minifigure version of 66 batmobile earlier as a standalone set but who knows? Out of all my GWP except for Christmas sets, my favorite GWP has to be the ‘89 batmobile so I know lego can do a limited GWP release with a big piece count but after that last outrage, I don’t think LEGO would ever give it away for free when there are customers lining up to pay for it. 

with all of LEGO special small sets...they should continue as GWP with a special collector's edition packaging or even a lame count 1/20,000 "badge" to differentiate it from the regular retail version.

Makes both the collectors and the "true" LEGO fans happy...TLG just needs to hire me as a consultant...can solve all their problems

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

with all of LEGO special small sets...they should continue as GWP with a special collector's edition packaging or even a lame count 1/20,000 "badge" to differentiate it from the regular retail version.

Makes both the collectors and the "true" LEGO fans happy...TLG just needs to hire me as a consultant...can solve all their problems

There are 4 VIP sets scheduled to come out later this year. Not sure if the Ulysses issue will change that. 

4F45655E-E4F2-4EEC-8060-F0028B84D986.png

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

There are 4 VIP sets scheduled to come out later this year. Not sure if the Ulysses issue will change that. 

4F45655E-E4F2-4EEC-8060-F0028B84D986.png

Yeah just as I figured. I am a sucker so I will probably get most of them or at least the pirate one but just another VIP only products that are not that interesting. TBH, I believe LEGO has these release planned well ahead of time so I may be overreacting but it would've been awesome if you receive smaller GWP Tumbler with a UCS Tumbler.

On 5/11/2021 at 6:09 PM, Captain_Obvious said:

is it just me or are you still a little peeved at not actually earning anything?

Personally, not really. It never states that you get any points, and I always assumed the "earned" part is simply the way of telling both you and the system that you completed the survey, just like what happens when you earn points. No sense in writing completely new code for that one slot if you ask me. And because it never advertised points in the first place, I didn't expect anything. So I'm pretty indifferent about it. Maybe others will disagree.

14 hours ago, TheBrickGuru24 said:

Personally, not really. It never states that you get any points, and I always assumed the "earned" part is simply the way of telling both you and the system that you completed the survey, just like what happens when you earn points. No sense in writing completely new code for that one slot if you ask me. And because it never advertised points in the first place, I didn't expect anything. So I'm pretty indifferent about it. Maybe others will disagree.

Well said. However, if I were the marketer trying to create goodwill with my VIPs, I would have reworded it with, “Give”, not earn.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So sick of things being given.  This generation needs to learn how to earn something

59nmvq.jpg

Totally agree when it comes to game shows and government. However, this is business. Ya, give me something when I spend $5k a year at your “business” and pay full price..

15 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Totally agree when it comes to game shows and government. However, this is business. Ya, give me something when I spend $5k a year at your “business” and pay full price..

Maybe it is a generational thing.  To me, earned sounds more dignified than given.

Perhaps also it is a cultural thing.  US based stores like K-Mart and Kohl use the word "reward" or "award" for their points system.  They know their clienteles like to be rewarded for shopping.  Curious what terminology used by other EU based stores.  Is using the word "earn" (or similar) the norm or the outlier?

29 minutes ago, mvm1919 said:

Per Jay's Brick Blog out of Australia, the Gold VIP coin will be released on 5/20. Not sure if this will be in the US also. It also looks like Lego might release another run of the coins later in the year per his latest post.

Thanks.  THis looks legit about the restock and would make sense from a Lego PR perspective.  

51 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Guess the gamble of waiting to sell as a full collection was the wrong decision, oh well win some lose some. Only positive is that will still get more than VIP points used the redeem them.

Is is though? There are a lot of fans out there who are completely unaware of the re-release, that and some people are also impatient. I don't think it will lower the price any until they are actually re-released. But we'll see.

Edited by TheBrickGuru24

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion