LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

46 minutes ago, lebrick said:

What makes you think that the supply was higher? What were you initially thinking? Judging by the reaction, I would say the production run was between 3k-5k. That is pretty limited for a Lego set I would say.

I have noted that 5K or less tends to hold its price pretty well (going back to the BHz exclusives)

32 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I'm guessing the yellow box like the soccer players, chariot, colored bricks ect... Run is too small for a real box. 

10272 - Old Trafford - Manchester United - Page 5 - Creator - BRICKPICKER

I agree the box will make or break this thing

the only unique element appears to be the sticker for the plaque...no MFs, but the homage to a real piece of history should help...but the box is like 90% of its collectability/Resale; IMO. 

54 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I agree the box will make or break this thing

the only unique element appears to be the sticker for the plaque...no MFs, but the homage to a real piece of history should help...but the box is like 90% of its collectability/Resale; IMO. 

Are those boxes "unsealed" with ziplock bag? Can't remember. Actually dont mind that as I can build, display, and re-sell later if needed. Only that the sticker will have been applied to the tile. 

Edited by eliminator

13 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

so any guesses on the last coin tonight at 7 pm or midnight or tomorrow at 9 am ? lol

that being said this article says the last coin will be here in may

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-vip-coins-zum-kauf-gelistet/120778/

What the F? They're selling them online in EU? That really takes the wind out of my VIP sails...

7 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I once got to see the shuttle return to Cape Kennedy riding piggyback on the 747.  That was impressive unto itself.  That is also the one LEGO set I'm waiting for.  Even a GWP mini version would be awesome.

I mean, it’s 25 years old already but they did make one 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6544-1&name=Shuttle Transcon 2&category=[Town][Launch Command]#T=P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

so any guesses on the last coin tonight at 7 pm or midnight or tomorrow at 9 am ? lol

that being said this article says the last coin will be here in may

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-vip-coins-zum-kauf-gelistet/120778/

I'm pretty certain every coin was originally supposed to drop on the 1st of the first five months. Likely the only reason the first one dropped in the middle of January was a delay, because past that, they've all dropped on the 1st's. I'm still checking every night, but I would be shocked if the last coin became available any sooner (or later) than May 1st.

Edited by TheBrickGuru24
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, marcandre said:

I'm guessing the yellow box like the soccer players, chariot, colored bricks ect... Run is too small for a real box. 

10272 - Old Trafford - Manchester United - Page 5 - Creator - BRICKPICKER

This turns out to be the case. First real pictures are showing up on ‘Marktplaats’ (Dutch Ebay 😉). It’s a bit disappointing, but there still seems to be a lot of interest.. 

I’m receiving mine tomorrow. After seeing this pictures my decision to sell is going to be easier.

4DB9EEEE-9605-43B0-9EB2-433686F38B56.jpeg

79238104-D2B8-4ACA-8647-A8B3B42CAB4B.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pietsma said:

This turns out to be the case. First real pictures are showing up on ‘Marktplaats’ (Dutch Ebay 😉). It’s a bit disappointing, but there still seems to be a lot of interest.. 

I’m receiving mine tomorrow. After seeing this pictures my decision to sell is going to be easier.

4DB9EEEE-9605-43B0-9EB2-433686F38B56.jpeg

79238104-D2B8-4ACA-8647-A8B3B42CAB4B.jpeg

bummed...the crappy box knocked this item down by $100+ in terms of long term value, IMO

But at least we know they didn't make very many.  This will fall under the Yoda's lightsaber disappointment category.

April 15th, 2021
Average rating4out of 5 stars

obviously | 35-44

I would recommend this to a friend!

Purchased for: Self
yo, lego.. can we start putting these gwp's in a better box? given the low-grade box, not feeling like a VIP, more like i just got a gwp with a happy meal from mcdonald's

lol. Yellow box it is

Edit: Just noticed that someone already posted a picture of the box here. lol 
Edited by lebrick

9 minutes ago, lebrick said:
April 15th, 2021
Average rating4out of 5 stars

obviously | 35-44

I would recommend this to a friend!

Purchased for: Self
yo, lego.. can we start putting these gwp's in a better box? given the low-grade box, not feeling like a VIP, more like i just got a gwp with a happy meal from mcdonald's

lol. Yellow box it is

I like this one better. 

AC7819F8-90E7-47DA-A9B0-7C65A3E58B4A.png

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion