LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

I think COVID / lockdown has caused lego re-selling to reach another level, where the quick flippers who previously concentrated on games consoles / air jordan shoes etc have gotten onto the bandwagon and buy the limited edition / VIP sets. 

I've noticed that alot of the Ebay sellers have no prior lego lego listings. This might be the start of "lego is better than gold" 2.0.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oneknightr said:

What are you guys buying to redeem your Ulysses code? I have no clue what to buy. I know, first world problems.

a set that's does not have a limit (since LEGO Shop at Home can F' you up w/ that)

a set that qualifies for free shipping

a set that is neither too big (crush) or too small (over pack)

and absolutely don't ever, ever feed them after midnight...wait

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I think COVID / lockdown has caused lego re-selling to reach another level, where the quick flippers who previously concentrated on games consoles / air jordan shoes etc have gotten onto the bandwagon and buy the limited edition / VIP sets. 

I've noticed that alot of the Ebay sellers have no prior lego lego listings. This might be the start of "lego is better than gold" 2.0.

Job market is terrible

Unemployment of Low paying/non college grad jobs are at its peak

Government stimulus checks pays you to not work

other Gigs: Uber/Lyft still slow to recover

...it's basically a perfect storm for resellers.

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I was going to wait until later to claim mine, but my MOFO FOMO is high today...

And hello there..

image.png

The CS dept needs to give IT dept an earful.  This would unnecessarily increase calls to CS when the actual order went through just fine

Also got this, but the order did go through. Took about 20-25min for the confirmation email. A good indicator that it went through is if your shopping cart is now empty. 

41 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I went with the Jeep Wrangler, but I also like Technic and Vehicles so its a win-win.

Redeemed with the Holiday Camper and Mail Plane. Easy BDay gifts for the kids to give to their friends. At least its double VIP points...

Edited by eliminator

1 hour ago, Chormeister said:

I just have a bad feeling that regardless of having a valid code that Lego could still ghost the Ulysses because they oversold or something. It’s not like they have a great track record when it comes to this kind of thing lately.

I spoke to a CS about the same thing happening re: the coins - use VIP pts and possibly missing out on receiving it.  They assured me that there is one product for every code issued. So your concern should be unfounded, but I hear you on LEGO over selling items.

Of course, we only get 60 days to redeem said code.  So if someone forgets or looses their code, there may be a handful of sets that go unclaimed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.ed0fcd9c584a7b1a065da76387eaceca.png

Huw cries a lot for someone who receives hundreds of free, much more expensive, sets directly from Lego for running a Lego website. 

The Lego website crashing is all part of the charm

This you?

By The_scizz in United States, 14 Apr 2021 18:17

Gets hundreds of free lego sets from the company. Missed out on rare vip set that many people still got. Cries like a baby. You entitled brat, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha, well, he's not wrong in those notes.  That said, he's coming off like a huge ***** when he didn't get what he wanted.  

We've all been on both sides of these little games Lego likes to play and we can all agree it sucks to be on the wrong side, especially when it's due to Lego's inept IT department.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

, especially when it's due to Lego's inept IT department.

can't blame them per say...

I don't think anyone got more than 1 and everyone that got one planned and did the same things everyone else did

HOW the "raffle" was shuffled doesn't really matter...would it felt any better if you were randomly in a moderated queue along with thousands of others...instead of having to F5 and hope?

At least it was over fast and there was no endless delay that would have costed my whole morning

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

...Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...

Got me thinking of the wise words spoken by Rosie Perez in White Men Can't Jump. 😄

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose."

rosie.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can't blame them per say...

I don't think anyone got more than 1 and everyone that got one planned and did the same things everyone else did

HOW the "raffle" was shuffled doesn't really matter...would it felt any better if you were randomly in a moderated queue along with thousands of others...instead of having to F5 and hope?

At least it was over fast and there was no endless delay that would have costed my whole morning

Lego's inability to handle large traffic made this the debacle that it ended up being.  I would give them a pass if this was the first time, but this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a rollout of an in demand product.  This has been going on for several years now. 

Had Lego said enter a raffle as we have 5k of these and winners will be emailed at 9am EST on 4/14/21, I think everyone would have understood the odds of getting one.  Leaving it up to the Lego IT Gods leaves much to desire as some devices work, many don't.  Different people seeing different screens, etc.  It was a mess as it always is.  

The the aftermath of pissed off customers who didn't get one complaining to CS about the lack of support on the IT end.  It has to be infuriating for them to take the brunt of the vitriol from AFOLS who didn't get what they wanted.  

So in short, Yes, I do blame Lego IT for making this a disaster that it is every time.   Your website should not crash every time you launch a product.  

• Like 4

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion