LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

As long as I have the code I'm good right?  I absolutely cannot get an order to go through any device but did get the code.

Same here. I’ve tried to place an order multiple times but it won’t go through. I wonder if the code isn’t active yet or something.

1 hour ago, redghostx said:

I don't usually care about this, but I'm very disappointed at how this was handled, particularly because I'd like to build one. I'm all for everyone making money on Lego, that's why we're here, but they really should switch it to a raffle like the bat pod instead, or greatly increase the numbers. Artificial scarcity only helps the chosen few, when they could easily just sell this and sell out instead.

That and I got through and clicked redeem and nothing happened, then it kicked me back to in maintenance.

Same here man. You know it was rough when even BPers missed out. I watched the news and everything like a hawk. Got down to it and I was able to click redeem and submit but at that point it errored out. Refresh... No code, sold out. Can't believe how much time went into this just to be shafted by LEGO server issues. 

Funny thing is this is one that I actually wanted to build. I would be interested in entertaining offers with a fellow member should they be feeling sympathetic to those in my situation. 

1 minute ago, RightDwigt said:

Same here man. You know it was rough when even BPers missed out. I watched the news and everything like a hawk. Got down to it and I was able to click redeem and submit but at that point it errored out. Refresh... No code, sold out. Can't believe how much time went into this just to be shafted by LEGO server issues. 

Funny thing is this is one that I actually wanted to build. I would be interested in entertaining offers with a fellow member should they be feeling sympathetic to those in my situation. 

Pretty sure that apart from the sticker these are all common parts. If someone who builds this can post a scan of the instructions (or LEGO makes the instructions available online) I will likely source my own and sell my sealed copy. The "gold" on the Ulysses is Yellow (regular or flame orange, not sure) AFAIK, so nothing truly special. And perhaps someone is selling custom stickers as well at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

Unavailable as of approx. 9:20 AM EST

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I got my confirmation email at 9:10 and that was pretty immediate after finally being able to get through, on a laptop, with refreshing.

So I think the lifespan was around 10 to 14 minutes.

That's crazy how short it lasted. 

Anyone selling theirs now on eBay as a "preorder" or are you guys holding out to see if it hits the moon?

Edited by oneknightr

This is frustrating. I have a code. When I add it to the cart Ulysses shows up. Yay! Then when I try to check out it won’t go through. I’ve tried Apple Pay and PayPal. Both ways I get all the way to order confirmation and then press the Place Order button and nothing happens. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Afraid to use a credit card because I don’t want it getting flagged because Lego’s website sucks.

Edited by Chormeister
Adding info

3 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

This is frustrating. I have a code. When I add it to the cart Ulysses shows up. Yay! Then when I try to check out it won’t go through. I’ve tried Apple Pay and PayPal. Both ways I get all the way to order confirmation and then press the Place Order button and nothing happens. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Afraid to use a credit card because I don’t want it getting flagged because Lego’s website sucks.

Same thing happened to me. It seemed to error out but later I got a confirmation email from Lego even though it seemed like the order didn't go through. I too tried multiple different payment methods and both appeared to fail. But one of them actually worked. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

mine was like this too and I wasn't sure if my order went through but after I checked my account like 30 min later the order was there.

2 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

mine was like this too and I wasn't sure if my order went through but after I checked my account like 30 min later the order was there.

Did you get an error message? I’m not even getting that. The only thing that happens when I press Place Order is the little spinny wheel thing starts to move for a split second, goes away, and then nothing. No error message, no banner popup, nothing. The items I had in my cart are still there and nothing is showing up in my order history. I’ve been trying for almost two hours now. Same results.

27 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I got my confirmation email at 9:10 and that was pretty immediate after finally being able to get through, on a laptop, with refreshing.

So I think the lifespan was around 10 to 14 minutes.

I guess 10 after was the sweet spot. I got my confirmation then too. Refreshed right after redeeming and the site error had already started again. I had better luck using my old Mac laptop with Safari as my Android with Chrome was having more issues. I will wait to place the actual order until tomorrow, to give them time to fix their glitches. I also still have my Space coin to redeem. Can I do 2 different VIP rewards in one order?

11 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I guess 10 after was the sweet spot. I got my confirmation then too. Refreshed right after redeeming and the site error had already started again. I had better luck using my old Mac laptop with Safari as my Android with Chrome was having more issues. I will wait to place the actual order until tomorrow, to give them time to fix their glitches. I also still have my Space coin to redeem. Can I do 2 different VIP rewards in one order?

Congrats and no its one VIP rewards at a time.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

I could not get my order to go through using paypal at all.  I switched to the cc on file and it worked right away. 

Of course, during the processing phase (LEGO heads) it crashed.  *facepalm*  I tried placing another order and the code had already been used.  I called CS after waiting about 30 min and it not showing up in my order history.  Another 30 min later (still no CS answer) my order finally showed up.

It's not the first time I have had problems using paypal while checking out, especially when the system was stressed.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I could not get my order to go through using paypal at all.  I switched to the cc on file and it worked right away. 

Of course, during the processing phase (LEGO heads) it crashed.  *facepalm*  I tried placing another order and the code had already been used.  I called CS after waiting about 30 min and it not showing up in my order history.  Another 30 min later (still no CS answer) my order finally showed up.

It's not the first time I have had problems using paypal while checking out, especially when the system was stressed.

Thanks. I may just wait and try again tonight, and tomorrow morning if that doesn’t work. No time to mess with the long hold times at Lego CS today, nor the patience. Hopefully the code still works once I can get an order through.

I just have a bad feeling that regardless of having a valid code that Lego could still ghost the Ulysses because they oversold or something. It’s not like they have a great track record when it comes to this kind of thing lately. Although it’s already been said a bunch of times, there really is no excuse for a hugely successful company like Lego to repeatedly handle this kind of thing so poorly. On the other hand, shame on me for continuing to fall for it.

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion