LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

10 minutes ago, JimboJet said:

Actually 2nd order was placed even though I got the fail message.  When I tried to re-order a third time with Space Coin code, it said it was no good, and I started to freak before checking my Order Status and saw that order actually was placed.

Just placed two orders with the same VIP code. Got something went wrong on both, now one of them actually shows up in my orders.

4 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Just placed two orders with the same VIP code. Got something went wrong on both, now one of them actually shows up in my orders.

Exactly same situation here. 1 order finally shows up in orders and just got conf email from lego.

I don't usually care about this, but I'm very disappointed at how this was handled, particularly because I'd like to build one. I'm all for everyone making money on Lego, that's why we're here, but they really should switch it to a raffle like the bat pod instead, or greatly increase the numbers. Artificial scarcity only helps the chosen few, when they could easily just sell this and sell out instead.

That and I got through and clicked redeem and nothing happened, then it kicked me back to in maintenance.

1 minute ago, redghostx said:

I don't usually care about this, but I'm very disappointed at how this was handled, particularly because I'd like to build one. I'm all for everyone making money on Lego, that's why we're here, but they really should switch it to a raffle like the bat pod instead, or greatly increase the numbers. Artificial scarcity only helps the chosen few, when they could easily just sell this and sell out instead.

That and I got through and clicked redeem and nothing happened, then it kicked me back to in maintenance.

I thought this WAS a raffle?

5 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I thought maybe the promo would sell out less quickly in Canada but looks like we're only talking perhaps seconds or minutes compared to the US. I did have the redemption screen you're talking about freeze up on me as well. Refreshed, started over again, and was fortunate to snag one moments before selling out.

3 minutes ago, JimboJet said:

Maybe the geniuses behind the Gentle Giant "Rock Stars" tour are now working for LEGO?  Those were some good times!

This is exactly what I think of every time someone suggests a raffle. I would much rather deal with this absurdity than a raffle, and I actually won something during that whole experience. Heaven forbid LEGO stick with the original plan of tagging a promo item to the original set. If they know the promo is going to show up late, they can give people who buy the set a redemption voucher that expires in three months or whatever time frame they choose.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm still not sure why LEGO would want these to be so limited?

My impression is that wasn't the plan, otherwise these would have been available Apr 1 as planed.  So they most likely ended up with a short supply.  The next obvious question is, will they produce more?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Is this confirmed? I only have 1099 points in my account left! Might need my wife swing by the Lego store on her way home from work...

Lego hasnt confirmed any of the Coin dates so far. Its all speculation based on previous drops. If its not tomorrow, likely May 1st.  

Either way, I will be ready tomorrow.  I have a sneaky suspicion they want to drop this well before May 4th, given all the server troubles lately.  

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

The whole experience was awful. At least on other sites you can get in a waiting queue. All this does is increase the resale for those who did manage to get it. I mean, I really like the set, but I also really like $$$. I wonder how easily it will be MOC'd

Completely agree with everything you said.  I too was thinking about MOCing it.  I can't tell from the pics if those are dark yellow or gold colored pieces.  I can wait to find out.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion