LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 1/26/2021 at 11:33 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

Brickset has really scathing review of this coin and the accompanying storage case. I did maybe want these, but I might pass.

I actually found some positive insights to the review (no thanks to the reviewers viewpoint, which seems to be one sided). Such as the case for each coin (which was not expected), and is pretty great.

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Pirate "coin" now available for VIP points redemption. Still on the fence about these. leaning in the no thanks direction. 

wow, didn't think the second one would drop so fast.

it appears there is a 2-week cadence to the drops. first was Sunday, Jan 17th and next was Sunday, Jan 31st.

is it obvious that the next will be Sunday, February 14th?

ps: for those on the "fence", wait till your favorite theme from childhood pops up. mine was castle. when space drops, some fencers will be singing a different tune...

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

I know the large coin display is sold out but anyone know if any of the single coins are sold out? I redeemed both of mine so it only says redeemed when I view the rewards page of the website that shows the status of the items. 

They weren't sold out as I redeemed both coins yesterday. 

34 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

First ones that are up on Ebay appear to be going for $70+, so you may want to reconsider. 

If demand really materializes for these coins, then I expect that it won't be long before demand arises for PCGS and NGC grading.  Again, pricing will depend on supply and demand.  Has anyone come across any information re. the mintage limit on these coins?  Or is Lego just going to mint on demand?

Edited by cambridge02138

12 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

If demand really materializes for these coins, then I expect that it won't be long before demand arises for PCGS and NGC grading.  Again, pricing will depend on supply and demand.  Has anyone come across any information re. the mintage limit on these coins?  Or is Lego just going to mint on demand?

Based on the ones I've seen getting a High Grade would pretty hard to come by.

5 minutes ago, melting said:

Based on the ones I've seen getting a High Grade would pretty hard to come by.

I agree with you.  Unless these coins were properly struck and handled by Lego, a super majority will suffer some damage before they arrive at the hands of collectors.  Based on the few pics of the actual coins from eBay listings, the color printing on the front is not great and there's plenty of milk spot issue on the rims.

Edited by cambridge02138

4 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

I agree with you.  Unless these coins were properly struck and handled by Lego, a super majority will suffer some damage before they arrive at the hands of collectors.  Based on the few pics of the actual coins from eBay listings, the color printing on the front is not great and there's plenty of milk spot issue on the rims.

Leaving mine nicely wrapped the way it came from Lego.  FYI redeemed my Pirate coin this morning and should have the case in todays delivery.

5 hours ago, cambridge02138 said:

As others have said, I think the quality just isn't there for the grading.

In a comment on the most recent Brickset article, a commenter wrote that there was a limit of 3,000 pieces in Europe--not sure where that number came from. Are these gone from SAH in U.K.? 

49 minutes ago, Blinky316 said:

Well I guess I had FOMO because I redeemed the points to get one of each coin but the site won’t let me add two codes to have them both ship with the same order or am I doing something wrong?

I'm in the same boat. Redeemed both last week and didn't read the fine print saying you can only apply one physical reward per order. Now trying to decide what else to buy to get the second coin. Lame.

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion