The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Bold-Arrow

Disappointed in this season. At this point I feel the Star Wars creators should have just left Boba dead at the bottom of the Sarlacc Pit. They pretty much ruined an iconic fan favorite character.

The finale was fine, but it had it's work cut out for it to redeem this trash heep of a season and it didn't quite make it.

If I were a gambling man, I'd wager that there are actually fewer Boba Fett fans in the world after this season than there were before.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Disappointed in this season. At this point I feel the Star Wars creators should have just left Boba dead at the bottom of the Sarlacc Pit. They pretty much ruined an iconic fan favorite character.

The finale was fine, but it had it's work cut out for it to redeem this trash heep of a season and it didn't quite make it.

If I were a gambling man, I'd wager that there are actually fewer Boba Fett fans in the world after this season than there were before.

I was never a fan of Daniel Logan's portrayal either, I got over it.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:42 AM, Shortbus311 said:

The only thing I gamble is on Lego.  The price of the OG Lego Boba Fetts have doubled in the last 30 days.  I expect that to continue a few more times in the next 12 months given the scarcity of the figure and the extreme rise in price for the cloud city figure.  In addition,  think its a safe bet to assume Boba will continue to be a part of the Mandalorian Series in snippets along with Slave 1.  He's not going away anytime soon & neither are some of the characters from the series.

2 minutes ago, BrickU said:

The only thing I gamble is on Lego.  The price of the OG Lego Boba Fetts have doubled in the last 30 days.  I expect that to continue a few more times in the next 12 months given the scarcity of the figure and the extreme rise in price for the cloud city figure.  In addition,  think its a safe bet to assume Boba will continue to be a part of the Mandalorian Series in snippets along with Slave 1.  He's not going away anytime soon & neither are some of the characters from the series.

What is this Slave 1 you speak of? 

Before BoBF ever came out, I had tried many times to figure out what the real allure of Boba Fett was, considering the man hardly did anything at all in the movies. I came to the conclusion that people had assumed he was the equivalent of a James Bond for bad guys. And I was really, really hoping that is what they would have portrayed in BoBF. But wow, it was horrid what they did with his character in this show. He was the exact opposite of a young, dashing evil James Bond. He was instead a non-athletic, smiling grandpa who had awkwardly uncomfortable conversations with animals. Episodes 1-4 could be summed up with a few words: Daimyo, Daimyo, Bib Fortuna, pay me, bacta tank. This mobster show was worse than The Godfather Part 3. And, yes, I am aware that I am saying something that I can't take back. Having seen a lot of different mobster movies and shows, I don't know how Fett wasn't whacked within 5 minutes of walking down the street, which ironically would have made the show better and actually interesting (I don't count Season 3 of the Mandalorian as part of the show). The supposedly expert Night Wind assassins tried to kill him, but for some reason only with electric cattle prods, and failed miserably as expected. This ridiculous assassination attempt was just one of many, many sad and unrealistic plot fails. Krrsantan was yet another disappointment. He should have been awesome, but instead of barehanded squeezing the brains out of an unconscious boba's skull like a water balloon, this assassin instead opts to just throw him out of the tank and give him an opportunity to fight him. And why he bothers with electric brass knuckles, when his punching power alone should be enough to explode bodies, is beyond me. The Book of Boba Fett does for Star Wars Episodes 7-9 what Episodes 7-9 did for the prequels. It all of a sudden makes you go "well maybe they weren't so bad after all..."

Edited by capsa77
Extra emphasis on awkwardness
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, capsa77 said:

Before BoBF ever came out, I had tried many times to figure out what the real allure of Boba Fett was, considering the man hardly did anything at all in the movies. I came to the conclusion that people had assumed he was the equivalent of a James Bond for bad guys. And I was really, really hoping that is what they would have portrayed in BoBF. But wow, it was horrid what they did with his character in this show.

Robert Greene has written on (and since expanded on) the ‘forms of seduction’, which, to him, can/does refer more broadly to having an appeal that enables you to convince others to your point of view.

One such form is (I forget his term) the ‘blank slate’, the silent type, the kind of person people are able to project their own desires, ideals, or self-reflections onto (while also retaining an air of mystery/intrigue/excitement).

I believe this was, broadly speaking, the appeal of Boba. A cool looking, formidable silent type from which people were able to project whatever they wanted. The lead actor was right; he should’ve had fewer lines. Of course, that’s just one of many issues with the show…

Edited by Pedilego
  • Like 1

I purposely avoided watching this show (mainly because of Disney).  It has been an interesting experience watching fans' reactions on this thread as an "outsider".

I could not help but think if this show was some sort of experimentation to see if people would still react positively to mediocre story and/or characters as long as the new mascot (baby Yoda) and old mascot (CGI Luke) were present.  :dontknow:

Just finished bingeing this over the weekend.  Got to say, I was pretty underwhelmed.  The story just wasn't that intriguing to me.  It was cool all the characters they got in there for nostalgia sake, but the whole Boba Fett being Mos Espa's new lord didn't really do it for me.  How soon does the next Mando season come out?  Danny Trejo was underused as well.  

• Like 1