Ideas Promo - 40448 - Vintage Car

Mark Twain

Since they were substitutes, do you rather have the car or skating rink? Christmas sets have done well but the ring has been around for a while now, whereas the car went in 1 day. Buy in was lower but still.

According to Raven, a lot of Ice rinks were made. Online, I maxed my limits getting Dickens. I imagine there were a lot of people like me who had little left to buy in order to get an ice rink. Or simply, everything worth getting was OoS by the time Rink was available. I think I only got 2.

I’ve found that the avid collector likes to get a solid 20-30% of the threshold for a gwp they hardly care about on the QF. So Rink having a high threshold is to its advantage. $85 threshold is low, paired with monster book, there will HP collectors dumping there cars on eBay.
I imagine quite a few people were trying to get the monster book, and inadvertently got the car. Those people will keep the price down in the short run.

And finally, I’m confident there are a lot more holiday/winter theme collectors who would like the Rink, than ‘50s Diner-esque city builders out there.
Though that may be a future trend if lego puts out more sets based on that era. But I wouldn’t hold this car set for that long.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eliminator said:

So, what's the thoughts on this set? One and done? Was there ever an intent to offer this set for sale as a normal offering within the Ideas line?

I'm very surprised by the short run. I'm sitting on 12 of these...

Ha, all bets are off the table now.  It's probably done, but it could easily become available for sale or maybe for VIP points -- or even for sale at another retailer . . .

I think a lot of the irregularities are just do to disruptions in supply chains, however.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas Promo - 40448 - Vintage Car