Ideas Promo - 40448 - Vintage Car

Mark Twain

15 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Most people think this will be the GWP for the modular police station in January . This pairs perfectly with the diner. 

I’m not disagreeing with you and that’s the word on the street... but...

- they have not given GWP sets exclusively with Modulars in the past

- seeing as this was an ideas contest i would think it would be more obtainable than only with this specific pricey modular

- this car really doesn’t have anything to do with the police modular... a police car would make more sense

I’m putting my money on it being a February GWP since the odds are that the HP book of monsters will likely be a January GWP to tie in with the other 4 books they are launching in January...

i’m guessing the ideas car will be free with $120-150 spend on anything in Feb (maybe starting late Jan after they end the HP GWP

i may be 100% wrong... we will find out on Dec.21 in the afternoon  when they release the January store calendar 

Edited by Bricks Eh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Impossible to tell until we see how long it's available. They seem to be producing large runs of gwp's recently.

The first ideas gwp has not done that well. 

good point... the rocket is only around $30-35 on a good day... I figure this will do slightly better... i’ll assume a value of $30 in my calculations to be on the safe side... i’m looking to buy some new city sets and trying to balance the “value” of the GWP (and 5% VIP) against a possible future sale at other local retailers... 

3 hours ago, marcandre said:

Impossible to tell until we see how long it's available. They seem to be producing large runs of gwp's recently.

The first ideas gwp has not done that well. 

Not sure it’s LEGO producing “large runs” but rather store traffic is limited so they are not running through them as fast.

and IMO, that’s an easy $50+ set if Speed Champions can go as much.

Edited by gmpirate

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 5:12 PM, Bricks Eh said:

What does everyone think this car will be worth in comparison to other GWP sets? are we thinking $25-30 or $50-70 or ...?

seems it will be free with $85 spend in Jan so trying to plan mg purchases...

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks of the long-term potential for this set. I'm sitting on 5 (plus one to keep) and considering quick flipping for $30 each. There seems to be some decent interest in these given the quick sell out. 

Edited by eliminator

7 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks of the long-term potential for this set. I'm sitting on 5 (plus one to keep) and considering quick flipping for $30 each. There seems to be some decent interest in these given the quick sell out. 

Well, i don’t think it will ever be worth LESS than $30... if you are not in a rush i would sit... 

4 hours ago, Bricks Eh said:

Well, i don’t think it will ever be worth LESS than $30... if you are not in a rush i would sit... 

yeah, who knew the Christmas tree would fetch upwards of $89 and likely break $100 by next Christmas...or the mini gingerbread house break $50+

Altho the car is not holiday themed it has 2 MFs and cars in general are popular and this one is unique. If you loved it at first sight, new fans and collectors will love these years from now

• Like 1

yeah, who knew the Christmas tree would fetch upwards of $89 and likely break $100 by next Christmas...or the mini gingerbread house break $50+
Altho the car is not holiday themed it has 2 MFs and cars in general are popular and this one is unique. If you loved it at first sight, new fans and collectors will love these years from now

I did, but those are poor comparisons.
Rocket ride may be the closest comparison.
Speed champs are not so good either. Completely different market. This is not a race car, and it’s not an official anything (Porsche, Mercedes, etc)

I’d say $30 in a year is a safe bet, before fees.
Whoever said “depends on how many were made” is the wisest of the bunch.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, donbee said:

Speed champs are not so good either. Completely different market. This is not a race car, and it’s not an official anything (Porsche, Mercedes, etc)

the fact that it went OOS online in like 1 day is a good indicator of stock numbers and “limited” availability... which does have something to do with future market value...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, donbee said:

Since they were substitutes, do you rather have the car or skating rink? Christmas sets have done well but the ring has been around for a while now, whereas the car went in 1 day. Buy in was lower but still.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas Promo - 40448 - Vintage Car