20% coupon good until 3/9/13 at TRU

mushedroom

Plus, TRU's price matching policy explicitly states they apply any coupons first, and then price match. So you're getting lucky with dumb employees who don't know policy or are willingly bypassing it. Usually their massively restrictive computer system keeps this from happening, but they must be doing something to bypass that as well.

well bottom line, until she scanned the coupon after price adjusting to the tru website price... the associate kept saying no no no to the additional coupon. then once she scanned...the computer deducted it and she was shocked and said "oh it did take it" so i'd urge y'all to push for the coupon scan just sayin... you and the tru employee might be pleasantly surprised.

It seems to be a common occurrence that many retailers, a TRU or Target or Walmart or whatever, will have a manager or supervisor or employee give a persistent customer a deal they should not get. Call it luck or lazy employee or tired employee who has had enough of the public for the day or a manager who values customers or whatever....it happens. There are so many different stores and employees nationwide, to maintain a consistent policy. It pays to ask. It pays to be nice. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I went in to TRU today to try this out, I told them I tried to order the item online and use store pickup but ran into a glitch, I showed a printout of the page where the error occurred with the online price. The manager took the price down to $199 as my page indicated but it would not accept the coupon.