Target is on to us

20 minutes ago, cladner said:

i wonder who the genius who came up with :  "know resellers!  no resellers!

Probably someone who's bitter about life in general.  They get more upset with someone possibly reselling something they buy rather than someone who would steal it to resell later.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, legoray01 said:

If you don't want resellers to buy your overstocks - don't put them on clearance!!!!  Oh wait, there were np clearance in Detroit area this year.  Success!!!!  

I get limits on fresh, hot items but I don't understand putting limits on clearance.  Sales ok, but clearance?  Kind of defies what they are trying to do.

If you don't want resellers to buy your overstocks - don't put them on clearance!!!!  Oh wait, there were no clearance in Detroit area this year.  Success!!!!  

"We don't allow resellers" then they leave dead stock at full price on end caps that would easily sell for 70% of rrp until they cart them off to a liquidator (aka reseller) that pays them 20% of rrp. Classic corporate decision-making.

And they left out a BUNCH of reseller indicators (that I won't mention :) lol. Thanks for the post!

2 hours ago, freakchem said:

I got it. Target dislikes money. It doesn't want you to pay the merch with cash. 

Shoplifters, Burglars and Rioters, You are the most welcome here!

And their training is, specifically, not to intervene in those instances. 

We're taking the wrong approach.  Gentle, complacent, and peaceful reselling projects an image that we can be abused without repercussions.

If we adopted the element of danger and violence, they may incorporate resellers into their employee intervention safety training.

Time to start showing our colors, brothers (and sisters)

5eaee17593bd5ec821bada3c-3-large.jpg

Edited by TheBrickClique
  • Like 2

And their training is, specifically, not to intervene in those instances. 
We're taking the wrong approach.  Gentle, complacent, and peaceful reselling projects an image that we can be abused without repercussions.
If we adopted the element of danger and violence, they may incorporate resellers into their employee intervention safety training.
Time to start showing our colors, brothers (and sisters)
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_12/5eaee17593bd5ec821bada3c-3-large.jpg.d68301bbc46b661c11984dbd355f9557.jpg
Someone's way ahead of ya...53b587436c14561320e873b3a90d9b51.jpg
  • Haha 2

Got a letter form Target yesterday and I am thinking oh oh what now since  I just got my statement a day before. Open the letter and they are increasing my CC limit by another 5k... 

They don't know if they want you to leave or stay, such a toxic relationship . Now if they they pull out a whip it would just be like my ex is back .

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Got a letter form Target yesterday and I am thinking oh oh what now since  I just got my statement a day before. Open the letter and they are increasing my CC limit by another 5k... 

They don't know if they want you to leave or stay, such a toxic relationship . Now if they they pull out a whip it would just be like my ex is back .

I've been waiting for that later for a few months.  Think they told me when I asked that it takes like nine months to review.  Right now I have to be careful not to pay off my card too quickly too often or that becomes a fraud alert and they shut my card down.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

I've been waiting for that later for a few months.  Think they told me when I asked that it takes like nine months to review.  Right now I have to be careful not to pay off my card too quickly too often or that becomes a fraud alert and they shut my card down.

I work at a bank and the idea that responsibly paying off your card is a fraud alert makes me chuckle. We are so odd sometimes.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 11:05 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Reese Cellar , Front End leader 

u can't have a reseller Policy without the reseller police. until there is a legit crackdown to scare resellers and make the game even more interesting, we just take our turn dancing with the banhammer devil.

r/memes - Cops take down illegal reseller

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

i run my card up and pay it down 4-8 times a month, no issues with fraud alert except for once.  last month they upp'd my limit for $3800 to $4800.   the only time i have had the fraud alert triggered was last year when i let the excitement get the best of my ban avoidance nature and ordered back to back orders of 20x City Hospitals during the $49 sale.  the second order was cancelled and credit card inactivated and ii had to call up say oops - yeah.  obviously it was a mistake since nobody would order 20x of something two times... i didn't think the first one went though that's why i ordered it a second time.  that's right.   😕 

i had a brief ban at target that lasted less than 12 hours and back in action today but there's not much left to pick through.  i like how they seemed to find a few more pallets of the everlasting quititch. 

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

How far have you all gone with the gift card promotions? 
They must be on to some of us, trying to lock the GC promo to once per Circle account. Half of my stores stuck to that policy and half just pulled out a piece of paper from under the register and scanned a generic code.