42122 - Jeep Wrangler

Darth_Raichu

19 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Now this is a set they should definitely have accessory sets for.  hard top, suspension lift, adjustable shocks, roof tent, aftermarket bumpers, bigger tires  . . .  At least this includes the electronic disconnect!

As much as I like the idea, I doubt LEGO is going to do it.  They had so many opportunities to provide add-on to or customization on the bigger Technic sets and they chose not to

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Now this is a set they should definitely have accessory sets for.  hard top, suspension lift, adjustable shocks, roof tent, aftermarket bumpers, bigger tires  . . .  At least this includes the electronic disconnect!

I think the goal is to scavenge off of other sets..

Hmm...to start: Tires and Wheels off the RC Crawler

Working hydraulics off the Backhoe set

Winch off the Tow Truck

Hard top off the Landrover

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Why didn’t they give Jeep the same love as the Land Rover? This thing feels very cheap.

That was my exact sentiment, why wasn’t this given the Land Rover treatment?! Just think of those those whittle Jeep Wrangler boys and their whittle lift kit and whittle tires. They’d be drooling. Now it just looks like an updated 8828. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think the goal is to scavenge off of other sets..

Hmm...to start: Tires and Wheels off the RC Crawler

Working hydraulics off the Backhoe set

Winch off the Tow Truck

Hard top off the Landrover

Good idea. When I was a kid I used to buy those Revell model truck kits and put the bigger tires from one model onto a smaller one to make a Monster Truck 🙂

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

I could be wrong as I have never spent a ton of time looking at Jeeps vehicles but doesn't the headroom seem a little lacking? The whole thing has a squashed appearance. 

I spend more time under one than anything else haha, but yes there are certain proportions of this build that are noticeably "off". The front end is quite long, and the rear tub should be more in line with the bottom of the front windows, if not below. Does look a bit squashed headroom-wise, but that's kind of how the JL is. With they did this based on an LJ (older 2000's 2-door Jeep Unlimited), but JL is satisfying enough. For $50 they did what they could but I wish it was bigger to honor the American icon that is the Wrangler. At least they got the 7 slotted grille right!

LEGO unveils the legendary off-road Technic 42122 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon  [News] | The Brothers Brick | The Brothers Brick

Edited by RightDwigt

Also a lifetime jeep fan and driver of a jeep commuter(patriot).  

26 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

So close! Not sure if its the yellow (definitely the yellow) or what but I do like the features and the overall shape.  That video helped showcase more of the set for sure.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 42122 - Jeep Wrangler
  • 4 weeks later...