Chinese New Year 2021

HandyHand

LEGO 80106 Story of Nian

LEGO-80106-Story-of-Nian-1-scaled.thumb.jpg.475ea49fef9170c21df8cd549ee20aba.jpg

LEGO® Story of Nian invites children to learn the old story about Nian and celebrates the Chinese new year with LEGO bricks. It features a brick-built Chinese residence with traditional decorations, a snowy scene that is brought to life with a posable Nian creature, a snowman figure and six minifigures including grandpa, grandma, three children and a person in an ox costume to mark the Year of the Ox in 2021.

LEGO 80107 Spring Lantern Festival

LEGO-80107-Spring-Lantern-Festival-1-scaled.thumb.jpg.9b7eef6313d883bb6bb310da7f37d2d6.jpg

LEGO Spring Latern Festival recreates the magical atmosphere of the festival which marks the end of the lunar new year celebrations. It features a brick-built Chinese garden with moon gates, pavilion, pond and bridge, a special ox lantern illuminated by a LEGO light brick as well as other must-have items during the festival like a rabbit lantern and a Tang Yuan rice ball.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

how can we get these? avail in USA?

all three sets will be available for asia pacific region starting from 12/26/2020.

10943 will be available for the rest of world starting from 1/1/2021

80106 & 80107 will be available for the rest of world starting from 1/10/2021

• Thanks 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Chinese New Year 2021
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

Wonder if they made a lot more thus year. Was going to get a bunch with all the positive reviews but if they at WM and co, might see 20% off in the future. And the market might be more saturated. It's not that big of a market to begin with.

Not sure how strong the demand is for these CNY sets in the US.  From July through November, 80105 and 80104 were readily available at my local Lego store in the Northeast (US).  They were even available through the Charles Dickens weekends and shortly thereafter.

As for 80103, it was even discounted in late 2019 by 20%.

It's unfortunate that the appeal is not great, they are wonderful sets. Having the sets more widely available may help in the long run though. There are many people that don't even know they exist. Maybe with a little more exposure, they will start to catch on a little more in popularity.

7 hours ago, odysea11 said:

It's unfortunate that the appeal is not great, they are wonderful sets. Having the sets more widely available may help in the long run though. There are many people that don't even know they exist. Maybe with a little more exposure, they will start to catch on a little more in popularity.

I've thought about this, too. There are many people who have bought sets from me locally who seem unaware that you can even buy directly from LEGO as they are surprised that I have a certain set because they've never seen it in stores. Maybe having this out there in at least Walmart will cause people to want to pick up past sets. I wish I had more of the Lion Dance, especially if this happens. 

• Like 1