10274 - Ghostbusters ECTO-1

Lobot

2 hours ago, dmind said:

Other GWP posters, stickers and keychains proven not to be very valuable. 

Add to that, the Ecto-1 after 24hr is not even in backorder and poster still available. 

I pre-ordered the Ecto-1 at Amazon last week for 135 euro. That's probably the best Ecto-1 deal of 2020.

Sorry we are getting mixed up my fault. I was talking about the Charles Dickens promo and not the poster. My fault it's on the wrong thread. 

16 hours ago, dmind said:

Other GWP posters, stickers and keychains proven not to be very valuable. 

Add to that, the Ecto-1 after 24hr is not even in backorder and poster still available. 

I pre-ordered the Ecto-1 at Amazon last week for 135 euro. That's probably the best Ecto-1 deal of 2020.

Yeah, I was so glad I managed to get that Amazon pre-order as well! Don't mind to wait till mid February to get it, at that price! :) 

I'm sure if Ecto-1 isn't sold out by the start of the VIP weekend this coming weekend, it will be VERY soon after. ;) 

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Is there ever any value in these posters they include in stuff like this? 

99.99999999% chance of value suckage.   I just tossed about 100 mustang stickers , the posters to the 100 store minifigues and a bunch of other flats from over the years.   Not to mention always a ***** to ship so takes a good chunk of value away from the get go.

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

for local sale the poster could be an extra nudge for a buyer looking to talk himself into paying above RRP

I have sold the mustang keychain and bumper sticker together for $50 on ebay shortly after the initial release...so there's that...sold the NASA patch for $25 ea on Ebay as well.

keychain and patch are a far cry from a poster or print.   The question was about posters.  Those were great the first week or 2 then also plummeted as there were tons of keychains made and the sticker by itself never was a good one.

Figured those 100 store minifigure posters would be decent but never did anything either.   Figures of course did fantastic.  Had 50+ of the poster from the figs I just sold the figs by themselves for $50 and Ed Macked the posters until I got tired of looking at them.

Ecto went to back order. Won’t ship until Dec. 17th. If that holds, that’s timing it very close for Christmas. Potential flip for those that have one or too saturated? And how timely with double points coming up. Haha! 

now it’s the 7th. Maybe something to monitor. 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Ecto went to back order. Won’t ship until Dec. 17th. If that holds, that’s timing it very close for Christmas. Potential flip for those that have one or too saturated? And how timely with double points coming up. Haha! 

now it’s the 7th. Maybe something to monitor. 

Still available, with poster. Thing seems not very popular in EU

38 minutes ago, dmind said:

Still available, with poster. Thing seems not very popular in EU

I think it's more likely that interested buyers are taking their chances to wait for the upcoming VIP weekend and order it with double VIP and two promo's, instead of ordering it now and only get a meager poster.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, HandyHand said:

Yeah, I was so glad I managed to get that Amazon pre-order as well! Don't mind to wait till mid February to get it, at that price! :) 

I'm sure if Ecto-1 isn't sold out by the start of the VIP weekend this coming weekend, it will be VERY soon after. ;) 

Well, cheered too early. Just received an email from Amazon they cancelled my pre-order because they can't fulfill it. :( 

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10274 - Ghostbusters ECTO-1
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2021/01/21/no-time-die-daniel-craig-last-james-bond-film-delayed-october/6665622002/

movie postponed again till the fall...at this rate Movie-based sets may retire before the theatrical release.

...ofcourse that would have been a good thing for Wonder Woman..I hear.

[sidenote: Jamesbond film may be a nice send-off for the Aston]

• Like 1