10274 - Ghostbusters ECTO-1

Lobot

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

Any thoughts on how well this wills sell? Im just curious to see if anyone thinks it will be around next week for VIP wknd?

I'm sure the first batch will sell out and put the set on backorder for the VIP weekend. But... if you order 10274 plus a small other set, then you should get the small set plus the promo's already mailed to you while awaiting new stock on the 10274 set.

• Like 2

Interesting how in North America the poster promo banner does not show up with the ECTO but it does show for Europe.  I wonder if we will get that poster? likely... but just wondering... after staying up until 4am for 77904 i’m pretty wiped out... oh well... might as well stay up till midnight and click on it and see what gets added into my cart...

I'm not a huge reseller like everyone here, primarily a collector and maybe get 1-2 extra to make a few bucks.  I feel like I always wait for midnight and the item doesn't sell out or it's readily available for a short time after and I miss out on an opportunity to pair it with a decent GWP.  This and the Home Alone house are really the only things I want through the holiday season. Do we think this goes OOS tonight / today?

12 minutes ago, sodoubleoggood said:

It's up a few minutes early ya'll....

Ya... no GWP poster... good... now hopefully it will stay in stock until VIP weekend =P

EDIT: poster included.. GWP don’t always show in cart at 11:55... still gonna pass and hope it’s in stock next weekend

Edited by Bricks Eh

1 hour ago, sodoubleoggood said:

Do we think this goes OOS tonight / today?

It's hard to say because people know about the double VIP and GWP coming up, so they may try waiting on this purchase. We also don't know how much stock is available. If you really want it this holiday season, may as well pick it up now so you don't kick yourself later. 

Went to pick up at local Lego store, I too may return next week.  Lol. I hadn't yet built my ghostbusters forestation so perhaps I'll build that instead.  But in regards to people at the store for open, there was only one other person picking up.  Two local stores had 15 each.  By the time things settled down (an hour later), one store had 5 left and the other had 10.

Initial appearance looks like people are trying to wait.

Edited by Klownicle

3 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Went to pick up at local Lego store, I too may return next week.  Lol. I hadn't yet built my ghostbusters forestation so perhaps I'll build that instead.  But in regards to people at the store for open, there was only one other person picking up.  Two local stores had 15 each.  By the time things settled down (an hour later), one store had 5 left and the other had 10.

Initial appearance looks like people are trying to wait.

Hopefully everyone waits... one more week and we all get double VIP, dickens, and a buildable brick =P

16 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

Hopefully everyone waits... one more week and we all get double VIP, dickens, and a buildable brick =P

How long do people think that the promos will remain available. What's everyone's best guess?

I'm predicting the site crashes, promo doesn't show up. When it appears it will last less than a day. 

2 minutes ago, raulaco said:

How long do people think that the promos will remain available. What's everyone's best guess?

I'm predicting the site crashes, promo doesn't show up. When it appears it will last less than a day. 

Site won’t crash for VIP weekend... maybe black friday... but it has been good lately so i think they fixed those crashing issues...  

I think promos will last the whole weekend as it’s a high threshold...

Edited by Bricks Eh

15 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

Site won’t crash for VIP weekend... maybe black friday... but it has been good lately so i think they fixed those crashing issues...  

I think promos will last the whole weekend as it’s a high threshold...

I think you may underestimate how popular this gwp will be. I don't think it will last the weekend. Certain posts in the UK recently have shown just how many people are interested, alot more will be taking part then other years not only due to the promo but also due to lockdown rules and alot waiting to purchase certain sets. 

Edited by raulaco

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

I think you may underestimate how popular this gwp will be. I don't think it will last the weekend. Certain posts in the UK recently have shown just how many people are interested, alot more will be taking part then other years not only due to the promo but also due to lockdown rules and alot waiting to purchase certain sets. 

Other GWP posters, stickers and keychains proven not to be very valuable. 

Add to that, the Ecto-1 after 24hr is not even in backorder and poster still available. 

I pre-ordered the Ecto-1 at Amazon last week for 135 euro. That's probably the best Ecto-1 deal of 2020.

Edited by dmind

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10274 - Ghostbusters ECTO-1