9556 Ninjago Bytar booster pack deal

terrymc4677

i have come across a case of these bytar booster packs on clearance for $1.99 each. i counted 31 in the case. i have a $10 in store coupon that would bring the cost down to $1.76/each, including tax. looking at their current value on brickpicker, and some sold listings on ebay, it looks like i should be able to sell them for $5-$7 each plus a $1.49 s/**** charge without a problem. shipping shouldn't be too much, since they can be mailed in an envelope with a stamp or two, and after fees it looks like i could pocket approx $3.50 profit/each. my question is this...is all of this work worth the approx $100 profit i will make? i am more of the buy and hold investor, and haven't purchased anything with the intention of selling right away. also, having to list the same set 31 times minimum, and most likely more since they all won't sell the first time they get listed, just seems like a lot of work for little gain. i guess i am trying to talk myself out of buying them...lol, and am looking for someone to convince me otherwise. profit is profit after all. any thoughts?

i have come across a case of these bytar booster packs on clearance for $1.99 each. i counted 31 in the case. i have a $10 in store coupon that would bring the cost down to $1.76/each, including tax. looking at their current value on brickpicker, and some sold listings on ebay, it looks like i should be able to sell them for $5-$7 each plus a $1.49 s/h charge without a problem. shipping shouldn't be too much, since they can be mailed in an envelope with a stamp or two, and after fees it looks like i could pocket approx $3.50 profit/each.

my question is this...is all of this work worth the approx $100 profit i will make? i am more of the buy and hold investor, and haven't purchased anything with the intention of selling right away. also, having to list the same set 31 times minimum, and most likely more since they all won't sell the first time they get listed, just seems like a lot of work for little gain.

i guess i am trying to talk myself out of buying them...lol, and am looking for someone to convince me otherwise. profit is profit after all. any thoughts?

Just from a personal standpoint, I always buy any set that is discounted severely like this. Large or small, doesn't matter to me. A deal is a deal IMO, but many people say it is not worth the trouble. To each his own, but I am also the same guy picking up the penny on the ground as well.

Just from a personal standpoint, I always buy any set that is discounted severely like this. Large or small, doesn't matter to me. A deal is a deal IMO, but many people say it is not worth the trouble. To each his own, but I am also the same guy picking up the penny on the ground as well.

yeah...i am normally like that as well, but like i mentioned, i don't normally buy to flip right away. the math looks solid, so i guess i will have to take the plunge into uncharted territory. DAMMIT! I HATE MAKING MONEY!! lol thanks

I do it. But it won't be as easy as you think. People nationwide have the same clearance deal. I have 15 myself. Easy shipping. But to get rid of stock fast you are looking at 2 dollar profit at most after eBay fees. To get 3.5 profit you will need more work. Worth your time? That's up to you

I do it. But it won't be as easy as you think. People nationwide have the same clearance deal. I have 15 myself. Easy shipping. But to get rid of stock fast you are looking at 2 dollar profit at most after eBay fees. To get 5-7 profit you will need a lot of work. Worth your time? That's up to you

$5-$7 is what i think i can sell them for. i figure around $3.50 profit after expenses.

Misread, updated post. To get 3.5 profit, you still will need work. Not as much as 5 though. You will see these are less popular and people don't come in looking for these. More like window shopping type of attitude. Will take a while to get rid of them. People will come in and undercut too. Difference is I don't feel comfortable holding these for long periods of time. If I had the same deal as you I would do it. But I don't mind the work at this pt of investing.