Shipping Boxes??

Banjoman

Any seasoned sellers have any go-to sources they use for shipping boxes?   Anything you have consistently used in terms of price effective yet quality boxes?
Uline is one of the best sources for shipping boxes. They aren't usually the cheapest, but you can get pretty much anything you need to run a fulfillment operation.

Staples is a good source as well both in store and online.

When I was getting started, I relied upon the few sizes available at Walmart in stores: 11.75x8x4.75, 12x10x8, 15x12x10 (you can cut these taller ones down to fit) they are reasonably priced and you don't have to get 25 of them. Then as I found decent deals on bigger boxes (mostly through amazon and amazon warehouse) I was able to sell larger sets.

Woah, hold the phone, these are free boxes that aren't flat rate? I might have to get in on this.

Yes, and the 16x14x3 and the 14x12x3 along with the Regional B boxes are what I use to send out the vast majority of mid-sized sets.

Gets trickery when you’re dealing with sets that are 18” to 22” long. Then you generally have to purchase a 20x12x4 or 24x 12x4 box or bit the flat rate bullet and ship it in the game board box for $18+
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Gets trickery when you’re dealing with sets that are 18” to 22” long. Then you generally have to purchase a 20x12x4 or 24x 12x4 box or bit the flat rate bullet and ship it in the game board box for $18+

Or just customize, using 1 & half of another one as a cap.

The long game board box tends to get damaged easily (too long, and a bit flimsy).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Looking for some input from an expert.

I am looking at shipping a bunch of non Lego items that are 20x10x2,, does anyone know if I can safely use boxes that are 20x20x4. I wouldn't think of doing it with Lego box snobs but I've definitely received things in tight boxes with no issue.

Thanks for any help

Yay LEGO!

If you are shipping any sort of collectible, it's probably a really bad idea. 4-5 inches of dead space on the side either means a ton of filler material or much higher shipping costs.

Will a 20 inch long object  fit into a 20 inch long box without making the box bulge at the end?

If you are shipping some pliable object, this would work.