City 2021

MusiKyle

If some new rumors are true, we'll be seeing a zoo ($159) and a farm ($129) in 2021.  I would like a farm city sub-theme over a single farm set but given the possible size of a $129 set this could still be exciting.  I saw this on instagram.  With some other similar 2021 rumors recently,  StoneWars has posted something within a few days after instagram, so I'll be watching for that as a confirmation.

Also, Cruise Ship ($69), Cabin ($49), and Royal Carriage ($39).

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

If some new rumors are true, we'll be seeing a zoo ($159) and a farm ($129) in 2021.  I would like a farm city sub-theme over a single farm set but given the possible size of a $129 set this could still be exciting.  I saw this on instagram.  With some other similar 2021 rumors recently,  StoneWars has posted something within a few days after instagram, so I'll be watching for that as a confirmation.

I hope so, I've be crying out for a farm for years and it's well overdue. If it happens, this could be a sub-theme to go big on..... if the price is right of course! Stonewars has been pretty good recently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BorderTerrier said:

I hope so, I've be crying out for a farm for years and it's well overdue. If it happens, this could be a sub-theme to go big on..... if the price is right of course! Stonewars has been pretty good recently.

I got several of those harvester transports and forest tractors as they were as close as I could get to farming.  It's been over 10 years now since the last farm sub-theme, I believe.  Meanwhile we've had a couple recent artic sub-themes.

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I got several of those harvester transports and forest tractors as they were as close as I could get to farming.  It's been over 10 years now since the last farm sub-theme, I believe.  Meanwhile we've had a couple recent artic sub-themes.

I went in on the Harvester Transport in a big way since it had a short run and was farming themed. Maybe this will give my sales of those a boost. I need it...  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

I've been pushing for a zoo for years.  I think it would be a great sub-theme.  
Elephant Enclosure
Big cat (lions, panthers, Tiger) area
Monkey / Gorilla forest
Polar Bear Experience
Giraffe Prairie (give us a damn giraffe!)
Aquarium
Aviary
Prarie Dog plains
Bear Country USA!!!!

You could add 3 or 4 sets, various price points, for 3 or 4 years.

Edited by Goofball814
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

That cruise ship is perfect for the mass release of MFs with face coverings

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

I went in on the Harvester Transport in a big way since it had a short run and was farming themed. Maybe this will give my sales of those a boost. I need it...  

For everyone who wants to get his fields and forests in order I guess I can supply the needed harvesters and forest tractors as well. 🤑

I've been pushing for a zoo for years.  I think it would be a great sub-theme.  
Elephant Enclosure
Big cat (lions, panthers, Tiger) area
Monkey / Gorilla forest
Polar Bear Experience
Giraffe Prairie (give us a damn giraffe!)
Aquarium
Aviary
Prarie Dog plains
Bear Country USA!!!!

You could add 3 or 4 sets, various price points, for 3 or 4 years.

Almost like a “modular” set up?

Seriously, a zoo would be so easy for LEGO.

That cruise ship is perfect for the mass release of MFs with face coverings

It’s our next People Pack. Lego City Quarantine People Pack.

• 3 months later...

The new tractor 60287 is on backorder already.  That's a good sign.  May also indicate that the buyers want a new farm theme!  Seperately, and not City theme, but the new Creator Tuk Tuk 40469 went backorder also, I found that interesting.  It's fun informally monitoring what goes backorder right after a big drop of new product like this for clues as to what is popular.

• Like 5

The tractor, RV, and the tuk tuk are definitely ones I'll move on at EOL. The new RV looks similar to 60057 which I just sold my last copy of for $75. I've had longer holds with the small city sets, 3+ years, but I buy cash and dont pay for or lack storage so a few years doesn't hurt. I've never successfully qf'd a City set. Maybe that changes next week.

• Like 1

I don't want to create a new topic from my phone but does anyone know what's up with the Muk de Tuk Tuk 40469.

Listed as Sold Out and was only available twice online and not in any stores I looked up (three metropolitan areas). Could this be a one run situation or will it be a gift with purchase later or a regular production cycle?

Many of the new sets are sold out.  I suspect LEGO just made minimum runs of everything new to get product out. 
I stopped in a local LEGO store tonight and the mgr said they were supposed to get replenishment product before the weekend but none of the new stuff though.
The new city sets are all on backorder, if out of stock. "Sold out" isn't the be all and end all and sets have come back from the dead, but it's still interesting, and that's why I asked if an expert knows anything.

• 2 months later...

I think it was more the explosives factory.....I thought it was fun and executed in a light hearted way.  But I can see how having a giant explosives factory in the middle of a city might throw some more, sensitive people off.

Half tempted to try building it from the promo picture just because they said we couldn't have it :P

Probably seemed insensitive after that explosion in Beirut. Timeline seems about right and its not hard to see why putting an explosive factory in a city and then turning on the news and seeing that gave them second thoughts. 

Edited by BAtacos
mistake
  • Like 1