USPS Mail Slow Down Article

Mark Twain

you aren't implying that there might be some political motive behind severe cost cutting, and inexplicable capacity reduction right before an election, are you?!?  That would be almost treasonous... or at the very least a violation of one's oath to the Constitution.  Never would that happen in these Democratic United States. Never.

you aren't implying that there might be some political motive behind severe cost cutting, and inexplicable capacity reduction right before an election, are you?!?  That would be almost treasonous... or at the very least a violation of one's oath to the Constitution.  Never would that happen in these Democratic United States. Never.
People still have every right to go vote in person... you know, the way it has been done for the past 250 years.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shortbus311 said:
2 hours ago, House Schubert said:

People still have every right to go vote in person... you know, the way it has been done for the past 250 years.

That statement purposefully ignores the Pandemic situation.  Many voters are elderly or otherwise at higher risk.

Would you tell your elderly parent or grandparent to just go to the nearest in-person voting booth?  The mail system is a major player in this election. 

9 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
2 hours ago, House Schubert said:

Sure... but there just might be additional reasons that are quite reasonable for a person to want to vote by mail this year... and if I was more interested in winning than Democracy, and... if I knew that fewer total votes probably would give me an advantage, then I might, I just might, really screw up the mail.

Sure... but there just might be additional reasons that are quite reasonable for a person to want to vote by mail this year... and if I was more interested in winning than Democracy, and... if I knew that fewer total votes probably would give me an advantage, then I might, I just might, really screw up the mail.
I am just saying that no one is going to be stopping anyone from voting in person... specifically in response to the "almost treasonous" and oath to the constitution comments. No where in the constitution does it say that mail in voting is a required option.

People crack me up with this stuff... They have no problem going to Walmart or out to eat or marching down the street in protest, but they want to use the pandemic as a excuse not to stand in line to vote.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

People crack me up with this stuff... They have no problem going to Walmart or out to eat or marching down the street in protest, but they want to use the pandemic as a excuse not to stand in line to vote.

I think people don't want to vote in person because of the masks.  That's why protesting and rioting is so popular.  No masks or social distancing required.

The only fools in this argument are the ones who believe any high level (and most of the low level as well) politician actually cares about them or their needs. It's all about money and power.

The real trick is making the average person fight each other on their behalf. Why do the hard work of improving things when it is far easier just make the working class hate each other?

Edited by brickvoyeur

Love my small town in flyover country.  I don't think I've ever waited in line.

On topic of the USPS, why are we all of a sudden acting like they were totally competent and now they're dropping the ball.  You can look through lots of posts here about issues with the USPS.  I have no idea if the additional delays are on purpose, due to extra packages from Covid, staff issues from Covid, or their standard issues are just getting more attention. 

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

The system is rigged. They already know who is going to be president. The **** show is going to be created to cover up their tracks and make us blame each other. Notice how they’ve done it with covid. No idea how a virus can be politicized but they made it happen. 

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I am just saying that no one is going to be stopping anyone from voting in person... specifically in response to the "almost treasonous" and oath to the constitution comments. No where in the constitution does it say that mail in voting is a required option.

Your use of "People" assumes inclusive when, in fact, it's most likely different groups altogether. Your point just picks and chooses the different groups and combines them to serve your "narrative" which is the problem w/ news today. 

Yes, most people shop for groceries...some do it more carefully than others and due to costs/delays...no other choice but to go out.

Yes, some folks do go to restaurants...but many (like my households continue to avoid) still don't...it's form of personal risk management

Yes...a relative small percentage of US participate in protests

Yes all of the above are "people" but your gross simplification is wrong.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The system is rigged. They already know who is going to be president. The **** show is going to be created to cover up their tracks and make us blame each other. Notice how they’ve done it with covid. No idea how a virus can be politicized but they made it happen. 

Who is going to be president? There are some good betting lines available. 

Edited by iahawks550

Your use of "People" assumes inclusive when, in fact, it's most likely different groups altogether. Your point just picks and chooses the different groups and combines them to serve your "narrative" which is the problem w/ news today. 
Yes, most people shop for groceries...some do it more carefully than others and due to costs/delays...no other choice but to go out.
Yes, some folks do go to restaurants...but many (like my households continue to avoid) still don't...it's form of personal risk management
Yes...a relative small percentage of US participate in protests
Yes all of the above are "people" but your gross simplification is wrong.
You're right, I should have been more specific and said "People" who have no problems going to China Town for parades and festivals, and go to the hair salon but want to use the pandemic as a excuse not to stand in line to vote crack me up.

Better?
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

You're right, I should have been more specific and said "People" who have no problems going to China Town for parades and festivals, and go to the hair salon but want to use the pandemic as a excuse not to stand in line to vote crack me up.

Better?

much better...and now I agree with that sentiment

32 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Who is going to be president? There are some good betting lines available. 

One candidate is saying...don't listen to him...go by his record and associations

Other is saying...the things he says are terrible

on a separate note; I just got a message from my doctor who now has added to his signature his "Preferred pronouns: he, his, him," 

Just logged into print off a label eBay. . .  this was not here when I printed off a label yesterday.  Edit. Nevermind. It's been there for a month and I just now noticed it. Chalk it up to Covid brain. Looks like it's been written about widely, too. https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/8/1597724103.html

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.38.07 PM.png

Edited by Mark Twain