77906 - Wonder Woman

odysea11

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.46.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.46.13 AM.png

LEGO® DC Wonder Woman™ (77906) brings together 3 classic characters from the Wonder Woman comic book in a buildable, play-and-display action scene. Hands-on Wonder Woman display set Superhero fans of any age can build their own recreation of a superhero battle between Wonder Woman™ and Cheetah™ – as seen on the cover of the classic Wonder Woman comic. As the model features the same iconic characters as the Wonder Woman 1984 movie – Wonder Woman and Cheetah – it's also the ideal gift for fans of the blockbuster movie. The 3 collectible minifigures are displayed in an outdoor environment set on a sturdy base. The completed model will add a great conversation piece to any room. Popular action minifigure toys from LEGO DC LEGO DC construction toys let children role-play as their favorite characters in good vs. evil conflicts to save the world! With legendary super heroes and cool gadgets, LEGO DC building sets make great gifts for kids, inspiring individual and group play that never ends.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/wonder-woman-77906

Limit 3, Pre order, ships Oct 1, 2020

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Someone in Europe got their hands on this set and is up for auction at catawiki.

https://www.catawiki.com/l/41443969?utm_campaign=Toys-COM&clickref=1101lbIMBZ39&utm_content=1100l29700&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cpn

Could be a good indicator for future/foreign demand on this one. Auction upto 70 pounds(~$83) with 5.5 hrs to go.

Edited by BricksBrotha
added doll hair amount

18 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Someone in Europe got their hands on this set and is up for auction at catawiki.

https://www.catawiki.com/l/41443969?utm_campaign=Toys-COM&clickref=1101lbIMBZ39&utm_content=1100l29700&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cpn

Could be a good indicator for future/foreign demand on this one. Auction upto 70 pounds(~$83) with 5.5 hrs to go.

Was sold for 140 euro (160-170 dollars) You have to take into account that we can buy the sets for around 60 dollars from the US, have about 30 dollars shipping cost and 20% import duties (I think). This means the cost was around 102 dollar, so a profit of about 60 dollars. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Gantoris said:

Is anyone stocking up on these?  I bought a bunch of them and starting to have doubts.

I’m not looking for a quick flip.

no.  i am not buying any of these.  dc sets haven't set the world on fire.  this isn't batman.  this isn't star wars.  the only thing this set has going for it are minifigures,  cool box design, store exclusivity and possibly a limited production run but this is not going to do anything like bespin duel or nebulon frigate.  the tell is that this set is only selling for $50 instock FBA - that's 20% over msrp.  so really zero quick flip opportunity.  then consider that without a wonder woman motion picture drumming up interest, the vast majority of these sets are being bought by speculators.  couple that with pi$$poor demand (the set has a sales rank of #963), i am pretty sure buying $40 las vegas architecture (sales rank #291) will be a bigger winner cagr wise factoring time into the equation.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

no.  i am not buying any of these.  dc sets haven't set the world on fire.  this isn't batman.  this isn't star wars.  the only thing this set has going for it are minifigures,  cool box design, store exclusivity and possibly a limited production run but this is not going to do anything like bespin duel or nebulon frigate.  the tell is that this set is only selling for $50 instock FBA - that's 20% over msrp.  so really zero quick flip opportunity.  then consider that without a wonder woman motion picture drumming up interest, the vast majority of these sets are being bought by speculators.  couple that with pi$$poor demand (the set has a sales rank of #963), i am pretty sure buying $40 las vegas architecture (sales rank #291) will be a bigger winner cagr wise factoring time into the equation.

Agree with you on everything. I just wish las vegas would go on even a small sale

2 minutes ago, Gantoris said:

Well today Target is running a $10 GC with $50 purchase of LEGO, which includes Las Vegas.

last time target did that i bought 30 ships in a bottle @ 55

patted myself on the back all year on that buy..

we know the end of that story

plus... target banned me after that. 

and walmart did last week also. 

common denominator? multiple orders of lego that included egift cards. 

Im now 1000% sure that that was the cause. apparently egiftcard orders are scrutinized more

likely for fraud reasons

I can now buy by both again, but not going to press my luck.

just a heads up not to go wild on the gc offer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gantoris said:

Yikes.  Thanks for the heads up!  That’s kind of messed up since you are buying according to their promotion.

I’ll keep my eye out for LV’s on sale.

Thanks for the feedback.  Might be returning some of these Wonder Woman sets.  I have 16 right now.

16 is not that bad.  if the set truly is a north american world wide exclusive, there may be more interest internationally through ebay that i am not really in a position to comment on since i am selling on amazon   the set should have (hopefully) a very limited short run     scarcity should promote price appreciation, just not as much potentially as other themes with a $40 buyin.  i would probably get interested if price were available for $25.

• 1 month later...

I got couple sets in my cart from my saved sets page in which these were in.(On walmart at sale price) but then when try to check out they say Out of stock. Is strange is available in other areas apparently. They may not be mind blowing but they fit the yearly Comicon super hero displays and as such will be needed by those many completionist out there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, raindog said:

And that, my friend, is exactly why stores hate resellers so much.

If I buy something that turns out to be a dud, I just sell it at market and move on.  Just like Stocks, can't be right 100% of the time. 

I would advise the person who posted that to suck it up, learn from it and move on.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Someone in the DD thread mentioned this set has "a bad rep that is not true". What is it?

Honestly maybe not a rep yet. But I kept reading around that as it was apparently sitting for sale and not selling out it was a turd. I would have grabbed all I could to relive their concerns but listing for me said out of stock.  Assumption turd. Hey that could be a band name:)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Belac said:

Honestly maybe not a rep yet. But I kept reading around that as it was apparently sitting for sale and not selling out it was a turd. I would have grabbed all I could to relive their concerns but listing for me said out of stock.  Assumption turd. Hey that could be a band name:)

Thanks! I didn't pick up any when this was first released since I didn't like it that much. But at $33, I picked up a couple from Walmart this morning. It was a limit of 2, but I guess you can place multiple orders. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My two SDCC Wonder Womans I bought at $32.95 was just received minty fresh from Walmart. Looks like it's still available, but price is back to $39.99. I don't like the set that much but I bought it to round out the cancelled SDCC collection. With that said, I'm still surprised it's still available. 

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

My two SDCC Wonder Womans I bought at $32.95 was just received minty fresh from Walmart. Looks like it's still available, but price is back to $39.99. I don't like the set that much but I bought it to round out the cancelled SDCC collection. With that said, I'm still surprised it's still available. 

yep, bought a bunch but I don't like that stay are still there.  keeps me from buying more.  but, if the price drops again I may go in again 😛

• 3 months later...

Is this truly still in stock at Walmart? I think I remember someone saying they tried to order but got an out of stock email after placing their order, but I'm not sure. It would be pretty crazy if it's still in stock. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-DC-Wonder-Woman-77906-Building-Toy-Model-Featuring-Wonder-Woman-Cheetah-and-Etta-Candy-255-Pieces/938776755

WW.jpg