10276 - Roman Colosseum

MotorCityMuscle

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I think it would be an awesome set, but I'm surprised that it would even be considered at all with the politically correct/woke attitudes as of late.  I mean, it's not like nice things happened there.  LOL

It's okay if it's 200+ year old history, right? That seems to be the threshold.

Edit: I guess more like 150ish year old history, given the western stuff.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

Doesn't look that great IMO from the leaked photo, maybe once fully revealed with designer video may have other features. Cant see this being a good seller.

Maybe lego are trying to recreate the new 7 wonders of world, as taj mahal already done now this.

Edited by Voltron

3 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

It's okay if it's 200+ year old history, right? That seems to be the threshold.

Edit: I guess more like 150ish year old history, given the western stuff.

I'm all in with some tiger minifigures and some bloody body parts in the arena.

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I'm all in with some tiger minifigures and some bloody body parts in the arena.

I thumbed through a designer’s sketchbook of a potential Ancient Rome theme once. Dude, I was salivating. Even though there were no bloody parts. Had to apologize for the drool I got all over his work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

I haven't much about this set lately, all pics removed and seems to be under wraps. I thought it would be a Nov 1 release but now I am thinking Dec 1 or 2021. Brickset does list it as 2020 though

When I use instagram it shows no new posts, with a message about harmful content and election stuff and that there may not be new posts to see... so I haven't seen anything new either :(

Screenshot_20201103-105015_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

When I use instagram it shows no new posts, with a message about harmful content and election stuff and that there may not be new posts to see... so I haven't seen anything new either
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_11/Screenshot_20201103-105015_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4e42946ae20e1b64d548e7952f47c86b.jpg

Nino_leaks_ has pics up now on Instagram.

• TheOrcKing changed the title to 10276 - Roman Colosseum
2 hours ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

These large wide sets (MF, Cloud City, etc.) are amazing once built but such a pain to display properly.

I will definitely be getting one of these at some point, but can’t even begin to imagine where I’d put it.

Same thinking for me! I have a small display area so I’ll have to get creative with this one as I hope to get it.

at ~20x20 it’s not as large of a footprint as I thought it might be. I thought it might be more like 25x25 or even 30x30 due to the 9000+ pieces

It’s SPQR, the letters are dark in spots, and the picture angle and lighting makes it hard to see the tail of the Q and then diagonal stem of the R.

SPQR stands for Senātus Populusque Rōmānus "The Roman Senate and People" or "The Senate and People of Romean emblematic phrase that appears on Roman currency, at the end of documents made public by an inscription in stone or metal, and in dedications of monuments and public works.

(Taken from Wikipedia)

• Like 1