10276 - Roman Colosseum

MotorCityMuscle

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

The double vip promo is tempting me to pick the colloseum. I noticed the chariot is adding to cart. Double vip plus chariot is quite good, even if the chariot is down to $50ish. Just wondering if the chariot is a return or if it has been available since January and never left?

I just received a chariot last week because of the double-promo fiasco from a couple weeks ago where The Bunny House and The Rocket Ride would add to the cart when buying the Columbia Shuttle and then disappear after checkout.  When I called CS, they offered me a free chariot and the HP Book of Monsters as replacements.

• 2 years later...

So...now that this one is gone for good, is this a massive sleeper hit? I dont recall a set considered more "boring" than this, and that has translated to a lack of discussion/interest, availability on secondary markets, and now an early stealth retirement. But apparently that has also caused resellers to avoid this set en masse.

Only 5 sellers on amazon, and not that many on ebay. Already at close to $1k on amazon. Surely there will be more soon, but that has got to be the lowest amount for such a high profile set. Looks like this one might be a big winner, or perhaps all this is premature.

Edited by Bricklectic

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So...now that this one is gone for good, is this a massive sleeper hit? I dont recall a set considered more "boring" than this, and that has translated to a lack of discussion/interest, availability on secondary markets, and now an early stealth retirement. But apparently that has also caused resellers to avoid this set en masse.

Only 5 sellers on amazon, and not that many on ebay. Already at close to $1k on amazon. Surely there will be more soon, but that has got to be the lowest amount for such a high profile set. Looks like this one might be a big winner, or perhaps all this is premature.

This was the one set that would never go TOOS at SAH. I'm sure the aftermarket price will be high but the volume will be extremely low. 

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

It will be interesting to see if the current market conditions keep this one dead, or if they go with the old song and dance that they've done for most "stealth retirements" and crank out enough in November to meet the holiday demand (reseller FOMO) with more than enough to make it to Q2 2024. 

I'd normally worry about that possibility but with such an extremely slow seller and such a slow selling environment, theyd have to have rocks in their head instead of brains to greenlight an additional production. As is, it is pretty much sold out worldwide, all signs are this is gone for good.

37 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I'd normally worry about that possibility but with such an extremely slow seller and such a slow selling environment, theyd have to have rocks in their head instead of brains to greenlight an additional production. As is, it is pretty much sold out worldwide, all signs are this is gone for good.

If Lego has another production run for this set already scheduled they will make it regardless of the current market conditions. Unless they have revised their process based on their last financial report. 

You can grab 16 of them below MSRP before shipping off of BL. 

https://store.bricklink.com/MengLinXin?itemID=361846459#/shop

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

If Lego has another production run for this set already scheduled they will make it regardless of the current market conditions. Unless they have revised their process based on their last financial report. 

You can grab 16 of them below MSRP before shipping off of BL. 

https://store.bricklink.com/MengLinXin?itemID=361846459#/shop

Thanks, I actually thought about that yesterday until I saw the seller location. Am concerned about authenticity.

image.png.d78adcf79c8d1440557ef34293497a51.png