Vintage Price Stickers

So in another thread, there is a discussion on clearance stickers.

How about removing "vintage" price stickers.  I recently purchased a huge lot.  Including 4 Black Seas Barracudas, 3 with boxes.  2 Skulls Eye Schooners with boxes.  3 Caribbean Clippers (2 with boxes).  probably 30-40 classic city and 13 classic space set with boxes.  All the boxes have Toys R Us and ShopKo stickers.  Do you remove them?  I think it adds character to these old sets.  I think it's cool seeing that TRU sold the Black Sea's Barracuda for $89.99.  But is that similar to seller as seeing a clearance sticker?

53 minutes ago, Goofball814 said:

So in another thread, there is a discussion on clearance stickers.

How about removing "vintage" price stickers.  I recently purchased a huge lot.  Including 4 Black Seas Barracudas, 3 with boxes.  2 Skulls Eye Schooners with boxes.  3 Caribbean Clippers (2 with boxes).  probably 30-40 classic city and 13 classic space set with boxes.  All the boxes have Toys R Us and ShopKo stickers.  Do you remove them?  I think it adds character to these old sets.  I think it's cool seeing that TRU sold the Black Sea's Barracuda for $89.99.  But is that similar to seller as seeing a clearance sticker?

Nice purchase! I would leave stickers on those that old, and maybe go case by case basis. Taking in account where they are stuck on and who the buyer is etc... those wont be cheap so i would imagine some communication between you and the buyers so I would maybe just ask them per sale.   I also don't know if it would hurt the box graphics after all this time. 

It's also harder to remove the older stickers without damage since they don't have the glossy finish the newer boxes have that keeps your handiwork from leaving marks to the box.  I don't mind an old box from the 80s having the stickers.  As said before, adds some nostalgia to the box as well as seeing it coming from a store that likely doesn't exist anymore.