First eBay sale, concerned!

outatime

Hi Guys

So I sold a set on eBay, first time selling but sold a new Ewok Village for $478 free shipping, seller has paid and has a confirmed PayPal shipping address in Texas but he has zero eBay reviews.  Not sold anything this big before on eBay, anything I should look out for or do, I am sending it to be signed for but what can I do to protect myself here?

Thank you

Stu

Edited by outatime

Hi Guys
So I sold a set on eBay, first time selling but sold a new Ewok Village for $478 free shipping, seller has paid and has a confirmed PayPal shipping address in Texas but he has zero eBay reviews.  Not sold anything this big before on eBay, anything I should look out for or do, I am sending it to be signed for but what can I do to protect myself here?
Thank you
Stu

Use eBay shipping. Buy insurance and signature confirmation.

Stupid question. But why 1st time selling sell a set with this value?
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, outatime said:

Hi Guys

Thank you

Stu

Should be ok, probably just a buyer using Guest Checkout.  Signature confirmation and insurance is about all you can do.

Send it to the address provided by eBay (well packed) and upload the tracking number to eBay/PayPal. After that you are good to go and protected.

I don’t know why everyone freaks out about 0 feedback buyers. Everybody starts at 0. I just finally cracked 1000 positive feedbacks but it’s taken me 15 years to get there. I’ve had several thousand transactions on eBay and many 0 feedback buyers. I’ve never had an issue with any of them.

I agree with the previous post. Why is an expensive set like the Ewok Village your first eBay sale? I’d test the waters and get used to the process first with some less desirable sets / items, but I guess that’s just me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Send it to the address provided by eBay (well packed) and upload the tracking number to eBay/PayPal. After that you are good to go and protected.

I don’t know why everyone freaks out about 0 feedback buyers. Everybody starts at 0. I just finally cracked 1000 positive feedbacks but it’s taken me 15 years to get there. I’ve had several thousand transactions on eBay and many 0 feedback buyers. I’ve never had an issue with any of them.

I agree with the previous post. Why is an expensive set like the Ewok Village your first eBay sale? I’d test the waters and get used to the process first with some less desirable sets / items, but I guess that’s just me.

ebay doesn't force feedback, you could've sold a lot more than 1000 items over yrs. For that, I love mercari.

22 minutes ago, SLL said:

ebay doesn't force feedback, you could've sold a lot more than 1000 items over yrs. For that, I love mercari.

Exactly. That's the frustrating thing with eBay. For every customer that leaves feedback I have seven others who don't. I typically leave feedback immediately when they purchase the item from me. Their part of the transaction is complete. They chose my item, clicked purchase, and paid for it. Now it's my obligation to pack it well, ship it within the timeframe posted in the listing, and upload tracking information. 

• Like 2

The transaction "should" be fine.

With that being said, do everything correctly (as per ebay/paypal policy), as I am certain that scammers do see newbies as easier targets (a new seller is much likelier to slip up in the process, or to be tricked into situations due to their lack of experience).

And for any other would be sellers - I would strongly suggest not starting the selling game with $500 sets.

• Like 2

First thing I sold was a $500 camera, then some $50-80 Lego sets. Reason being eBay gave me a reduced item fee so that kicked my butt into selling stuff finally. I had to dodge scams left and right with that camera and best offers, but eventually a buyer hit the buy it now button and I had zero issues.

3 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Pretty much all of this.  I don't bother with signature or insurance no matter what the set value is.  As long as it shows as delivered you are good to go.  Maybe if you are extremely low volume insurance would be worth it, but it would have cost me a lot of money to insure everything vs not insuring and taking the chance of someone asking for a partial refund.