7498 - Police Station

steveviscious89

• 6 months later...

After seeing the new set list for the Lego City Police subtheme, I am wondering if 7498, along with a few other current Police sets,  is going EOL.  From a post by Klaus-Dieter at Eurobricks, the new 2014 Police set list is as follows (MSRP in parentheses):

Police theme

break-out of the police station (99,99 Euros)
break-out of the prison transporter
bandit

I don't know about these sets. Seems like they are going against LEGO's long-standing support of the police being the good guys. "Breaking-Out" suggests that the criminals are in jail, and that they are the good guys. 

These sets do sound like repeats, of sets like the Police Station and Prisoner Transport. Just seems odd to see it coming from TLG, IMO.

The Police Stations actually perform well over time, they just take a little longer to mature. 

I am looking to pick up a couple 7498s because I am betting against the new Police Station being as great as the old one.  I recently built a 7498 and was blown away by how great it was.  I also have noticed that there is some strong demand for Police sets.

The Police Stations actually perform well over time, they just take a little longer to mature. 

I am looking to pick up a couple 7498s because I am betting against the new Police Station being as great as the old one.  I recently built a 7498 and was blown away by how great it was.  I also have noticed that there is some strong demand for Police sets.

The 2011 Police Station does look cool to me. Between cops or firefighters, I tend to go with the coppers. It would help if there was more pedastrian housing in the realm of Lego giving the firefighters an actual fire to fight. All mine do is kick the tires and light the fires cause they're bored! Eh, I guess I could always start a twenty car pileup on some roadplates. Maybe then they'll have a fire to fight!