PayPal Payments

jdr159

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone might know about how PayPal payments work for purchases that end up OOS/Backordered when you order them.

The past couple of months I put in a couple of orders that were initially listed as Backorder when I put them in and all should have arrived by now except a couple of pre orders. However they then changed to OOS and I have still not received them. The problem is I payed with PayPal and at the time it seemed like the money had been withheld from my bank account available balance, however now I am not so sure and am wondering if when the items finally ship only then the money will get taken from my Bank account. Does anyone know if PayPal holds the payment when you make the order or do they only collect it when it ships. I know that Lego says it only takes payment when the order ships but am wondering how PayPal works. 

The orders together are around $1800 so I am just trying to work out if I can expect for that to go from my bank account soon, as I had initially thought I had already paid it!

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 minutes ago, jdr159 said:

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone might know about how PayPal payments work for purchases that end up OOS/Backordered when you order them.

The past couple of months I put in a couple of orders that were initially listed as Backorder when I put them in and all should have arrived by now except a couple of pre orders. However they then changed to OOS and I have still not received them. The problem is I payed with PayPal and at the time it seemed like the money had been withheld from my bank account available balance, however now I am not so sure and am wondering if when the items finally ship only then the money will get taken from my Bank account. Does anyone know if PayPal holds the payment when you make the order or do they only collect it when it ships. I know that Lego says it only takes payment when the order ships but am wondering how PayPal works. 

The orders together are around $1800 so I am just trying to work out if I can expect for that to go from my bank account soon, as I had initially thought I had already paid it!

Thanks in advance for your help.

what you are seeing is the credit hold, but if backorder persists, the hold will drop probably after 2 weeks, give or take.

no actually money goes out of your account till the order ships

9 minutes ago, SLL said:

what you are seeing is the credit hold, but if backorder persists, the hold will drop probably after 2 weeks, give or take.

no actually money goes out of your account till the order ships

Ok thanks, it has definitely been more than two weeks! One in April and one in early May so I guess it hasn't come out. That sucks! Thanks for the info though.