71361 - Super Mario Character Packs (Series 1)

25 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I wonder how unique these codes will be?  If they end up in an expansion pack, these may not matter or they could go the other way and be somewhat collectible depending on distribution.  Probably be overproduced and overpriced.  In for 3.

Or how hackable. For amiibo, the NFC can be easily copied and sold online and work for the WiiU/Switch. I can see someone figuring out the coding and then selling their own sticker sheets.

I think these will do well as what basically amount to loot box micro-transactions, but at least you get a physical product out of it.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, marcandre said:

How do the boxes shake out? Two complete sets per box or are there rare ones? Have one box on the shelf to smoosh. 

Seems like these vanished pretty quickly. BB still has them, gone everywhere else. 

I found them at Barnes & Noble the other day - so $4.49 with my dad's account. Mostly for my daughter, glad to see the smoosh guide!

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71361 - Super Mario Character Packs (Series 1)