43179 - Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse

crayxlp

10 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

The idea is good, but the proportions are horribly off. They are too tall, too thin, and the ears are too large.

Looks like they should be strolling down the catwalk

you might be right but  i can't get passed all the dollar signs getting in the way of seeing the actual set.

maybe ears are a tad too big and oero-like.  otherwise looks spot on compared to this ancient advert...

Early Mickey and Minnie Graphic (With images) | Mickey mouse ...12 Little-Known Mickey and Minnie Mouse Facts | E! News

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

Very vintage designs outside of certain parts which I wonder how well could be replaced for a more authentic classic appearance. In any case I can hardly wait to see these listed on the Disney Store website or sitting inside one of the theme parks' stores at their 'generous' retail of, oh, $300.

32 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

eyes are creepy. The new set looks like the printed eyes.

when you get the eyes right, you get 90% right

When I zoom in, it looks like both of their eyes are on a 10x10 dish.  I'll bet money they are stickers as it would be odd to have printing on only half of the dish.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:37 PM, exracer327 said:

When I zoom in, it looks like both of their eyes are on a 10x10 dish.  I'll bet money they are stickers as it would be odd to have printing on only half of the dish.

are you sure you want to bet money on them? 🤣

those eyes are new piece, it's a half 10x10 dish but printed

• Like 1

8 hours ago, superlegolover said:

are you sure you want to bet money on them? 🤣

those eyes are new piece, it's a half 10x10 dish but printed

Do they have a mouth on the lower portion?  I see red behind the build for the mouth, but that would have to be the same dish as the eyes.

12 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Do they have a mouth on the lower portion?  I see red behind the build for the mouth, but that would have to be the same dish as the eyes.

no they don't have to be. as far as I can tell, the top half (eyes) is printed on a half 10x10 dish, the bottom (mouth) is more like brick built

mm.png

11 hours ago, superlegolover said:

no they don't have to be. as far as I can tell, the top half (eyes) is printed on a half 10x10 dish, the bottom (mouth) is more like brick built

as others previously stated - these are after undergoing surgical facelift..