Retirement of Creator Expert line.

CrabslayerT

Was reading an article on brick brother's website this morning, apparently Lego are retiring the Creator Expert line in favour (I think, at least this is how I understood it) a more adult friendly line. Is it possible we may see the early retirement of multiple sets, or perhaps they'll just continue to the end of their life span in the usual manner? Either way, I'll be sad to see the end of this as it's one that I built the most and a line that I made some good gains on too

They already have with a new redesigned box theme that is being used in different lines. The new Haunted House which is Fairgrounds and the new Gator train which I guess would have been classic creator expert. Will be interesting to see if the T1 gets a third box redesign to keep it current, as well as other current creator expert sets. Like the Creator Expert Modulars they would still be modulars but will they get the new more adult themed box. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

They already have with a new redesigned box theme that is being used in different lines. The new Haunted House which is Fairgrounds and the new Gator train which I guess would have been classic creator expert. Will be interesting to see if the T1 gets a third box redesign to keep it current, as well as other current creator expert sets. Like the Creator Expert Modulars they would still be modulars but will they get the new more adult themed box. 

And will that make the older box designs more or less valuable?  I could see it splitting the secondary market with people liking each, but not necessarily both - at least for non-retired sets.