21043 Architecture San Francisco

skinsfan0521

Question

Hi,

I sold one of these sets recently and the buyer came back and said that a piece is missing. The only information that they provided is:

"1 piece is missing.  piece number is 118.  that is very important to make a bridge complete."

Does anybody know what that means and what specific piece that is so I can send them a replacement piece from Bricklink or something?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Hi,

I sold one of these sets recently and the buyer came back and said that a piece is missing. The only information that they provided is:

"1 piece is missing.  piece number is 118.  that is very important to make a bridge complete."

Does anybody know what that means and what specific piece that is so I can send them a replacement piece from Bricklink or something?

Thanks!

I'm guessing they mean step 118, which is this piece:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=75c26&idColor=59#T=C&C=59

I bet it was loose in the box and fell out when they were removing the contents (assuming you sold a sealed set). 

3 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Thank you so much for the info! Yes, it was a sealed set, so that would make sense.

Also, would you suggest buying one from BrickLink and sending it or is there a way to send something directly from LEGO as a missing piece? Since I only sell sealed sets, I've never actually come across this situation before, so I'm not sure what the best option would be to resolve it.

Thanks again!

I suppose you could order it from Lego as a missing piece but I'd probably just order them one. Annoying as you'll be out 6-7 dollars but better than provoking Lego or enticing the buyer to issue some defective claim against you. BL will also be much faster I'd imagine.

8 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I'm guessing they mean step 118, which is this piece:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=75c26&idColor=59#T=C&C=59

I bet it was loose in the box and fell out when they were removing the contents (assuming you sold a sealed set). 

Thank you so much for the info! Yes, it was a sealed set, so that would make sense.

Also, would you suggest buying one from BrickLink and sending it or is there a way to send something directly from LEGO as a missing piece? Since I only sell sealed sets, I've never actually come across this situation before, so I'm not sure what the best option would be to resolve it.

Thanks again!

5 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I suppose you could order it from Lego as a missing piece but I'd probably just order them one. Annoying as you'll be out 6-7 dollars but better than provoking Lego or enticing the buyer to issue some defective claim against you. BL will also be much faster I'd imagine.

Ok, great. Thanks for the help. I'll confirm that this is the missing piece with the buyer and then buy one from BL. Thanks again!