42115 - Lamborghini Sián FKP 37

Phil B

On 5/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, scurt1s said:

They need to get some ferrari's in there. I'm pretty sure bugatti, lambo and porsche are all owned by VW.

Considering they have Blue, Orange, Green.  Red seems like the ideal color next.  And what other vehicle do you know of that is primarily Red.  Given the current super cars, Ferrari seems like the next ideal build.

9 hours ago, Klownicle said:

Considering they have Blue, Orange, Green.  Red seems like the ideal color next.  And what other vehicle do you know of that is primarily Red.  Given the current super cars, Ferrari seems like the next ideal build.

Ferrari tax would make it a nice $500 for a car of the same size. But yes, I am with you, I am longing for some of the old Technic RACER Ferrari's Lego used to make, but at this scale.

4 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Yeah I was clearly wrong. Shoulda bought it.

I was just expecting it to still be around this morning on the east coast. Going to be interesting to see how far the date gets pushed past July 2nd. The Monkey Kid mech is already at 60 days.

got it today! I'm a total box geek so... WOW!! if I hadn't sold it already I would be happy to have it on my shelf. also bravo to LEGO for the additional barrier in the shipping box. the typical plain shipping box was squashed and I was worried... the hot rod squashed... but this custom shipper box was good to go! whew....

IMG_5609.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, crayxlp said:

compared to LEGO Product videos - this is totally another level

Lego did step up their game on this one there are QR code’s in the instructions that have related content videos that go along with the build. You can find them here, also there is an owners section where you enter the unique VIN of your set for more exclusive content. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/lamborghini-sian/videocasts#!

50 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Lego did step up their game on this one there are QR code’s in the instructions that have related content videos that go along with the build. You can find them here, also there is an owners section where you enter the unique VIN of your set for more exclusive content. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/lamborghini-sian/videocasts#!

The more "exclusive content" is according to brickset just some cheep wallpapers and not even hi-res to today's standards

13 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I was hoping for a custom Lambo VIP card

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I was just thinking that green boxart with Lambo logo would make a cool looking gift card / VIP card

Pssshh, Listen here. You didn't fork over $800 USD for this Lamborghini set. You don't get a "special card" and should accept the poor resolution promotional images as your reward. The "Black Card" is only for esteemed connoisseurs of Lego. You, petty peasant, are not worthy. Do not pass go, go straight to jail, so you get NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

Lego fans and their "demands"...

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Uh oh...

July 2nd, 2020
Average rating1out of 5 stars

Terrible colour variation on green pieces
So disappointed. We have the Porsche and the Bugatti and were looking forward to the Lamborghini. Do not buy this until they rectify the issues with the green pieces. They are all different shades and the result ruins the car. They have refused to exchange the bricks, blaming a process change. But the car doesn’t look like the pictures, not a uniform colour.

Was the new batch a bust? The images that were posted show VERY bad color variations in the green. It's bad. There are also reports of instructions being wrong at some points, missing parts, poorly constructed manuals.

These are all rolling in over today and yesterday.
Edited by CosmicSpeed

Wow, that's really unfortunate.  It's painfully obvious in about every picture posted in the reviews that the green on a couple of the parts is lighter in color.  I will definitely hold off(not that I have a choice atm) and see if some quality control fixes the issues with the color as well as the poor instruction manual.  

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...