21054 - The White House (2020)

SLL

6 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Agreed, the main house looks like it got squashed from 16:9 -> 4:3.

At first I thought the set looked really awesome until I read this. Now I can't unsee it. Looks like the main building should be at least a couple studs wider on both sides.

Hoping it's just the box art that looks odd. I'm sure this will be a winner in any respect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, exracer327 said:

Agreed, the main house looks like it got squashed from 16:9 -> 4:3.

Part of why it might look small results from normally seeing only the center "house" and not ever seeing the attached East Wing, West Wing, and Cabinet Chambers.

This rare perspective gives us a view of the full WH complex.  I am impressed. 

wh1.png

wh2.jpg

1 hour ago, beatpoppa said:

Part of why it might look small results from normally seeing only the center "house" and not ever seeing the attached East Wing, West Wing, and Cabinet Chambers.

This rare perspective gives us a view of the full WH complex.  I am impressed. 

Perhaps the main building is a bit too tall then.  It still looks off in some way.  Seeing it in person I might have a completely different opinion of the set.  I also realize that LEGO is an interpretation as much as anything so I don't expect it to be perfect, but the previous WH set was a near perfect hit in my opinion.

3 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Perhaps the main building is a bit too tall then.  It still looks off in some way.  Seeing it in person I might have a completely different opinion of the set.  I also realize that LEGO is an interpretation as much as anything so I don't expect it to be perfect, but the previous WH set was a near perfect hit in my opinion.

looking at the box and the images @beatpoppa provided, the main building of the White House looks to be a window short on each side

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zaphoid said:

looking at the box and the images @beatpoppa provided, the main building of the White House looks to be a window short on each side

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

They removed the window on each side to accommodate the wall.  To me the rooftop is slightly too tall vs the other floors and skew the proportion

I think you're both right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...