UPS/Fedex Declare Value Insurance

I have been shipping with USPS for 95% of the time. Now Stamps.com had UPS now, and the shipping cost is a lot cheaper than USPS from east to west. So I love the stamps.com insurance. But now if I switch to UPS, they dont have insurance. Only declared value. So, for the seller that use UPS/Fedex a lot to sell high value lego, do you put more on the declare value. UPS said declared value not insurance. So, do you have to buy insurance from third party? What's your advise on declare value and insurance.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

I have been shipping with USPS for 95% of the time. Now Stamps.com had UPS now, and the shipping cost is a lot cheaper than USPS from east to west. So I love the stamps.com insurance. But now if I switch to UPS, they dont have insurance. Only declared value. So, for the seller that use UPS/Fedex a lot to sell high value lego, do you put more on the declare value. UPS said declared value not insurance. So, do you have to buy insurance from third party? What's your advise on declare value and insurance.

Thank you

this is a great question that i'm looking for an answer on too. best i can tell, UPS does not have insurance. they refer you to a third party. USPS has insurance of any dollar amount.