Quarantine Trends - LEGO Online Selling Prices

Seems the postmaster general is putting in place policies to deliberately slow up the mail like limiting automatic sorting and stopping overtime of workers in advance of the election (at the same time the president is talking about how overwhelmed and inefficient the postal service is). May be bad for business unless they are deliberately prioritizing packages over envelopes. Has anybody noticed this affecting delivery of packages yet?https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/usps-mail-in-voting-2020-election/index.html

• Like 2

Seems the postmaster general is putting in place policies to deliberately slow up the mail like limiting automatic sorting and stopping overtime of workers in advance of the election (at the same time the president is talking about how overwhelmed and inefficient the postal service is). May be bad for business unless they are deliberately prioritizing packages over envelopes. Has anybody noticed this affecting delivery of packages yet?https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/usps-mail-in-voting-2020-election/index.html

USPS priority mail has been 5-20 days for me. No less unless within 2 hours driving distance
  • Like 3

Yep. My Saturn V shipped to buyer 7/21 and only arrived today 8/3. This is some straight up BS.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ppsagehen said:

I love this line so much: "DeJoy is not beholden to the influence of Trump and that the 'notion that the Postmaster General makes decisions concerning the Postal Service at the direction of the President is wholly misplaced and off-base.'" Weird that people would think someone who donated millions of dollars to the president's campaign while also having tens of millions of dollars invested in companies like UPS and J.B. Hunt would have a conflict of interest running the USPS.

I've had most of my recent packages arrive on time, but I did have two in the last two weeks that were inexplicably slow only going a couple of states away. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ppsagehen said:

oh yeah, I've noticed it in the last 3 weeks, it can now take up to 7 days for my stuff just to get scanned into and leave my local P.O., then somewhere else down the line it gets a "Delivery Interrupted" message.  I've got Priority Mail items shipped on 7/23 that haven't been delivered yet.

Edited by zaphoid

These are some interesting points, for example consider if the postal system gets worse from here until November 3rd. Then you have people purchasing products for Christmas and the holidays and there being a total standstill. It's probably a good idea to get FBA items in sooner than later.

These are some interesting points, for example consider if the postal system gets worse from here until November 3rd. Then you have people purchasing products for Christmas and the holidays and there being a total standstill. It's probably a good idea to get FBA items in sooner than later.

It’s been Q4 since mid-March. Anyone running late to FBA only has themselves to blame.

18 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I have my guys scan the packages right in front of me and give me a receipt. Not much I can do after that...

my P.O. wont take the items, they've got bins for packages with pre-paid postage and just tell you to drop it in there.

56 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

It’s been Q4 since mid-March. Anyone running late to FBA only has themselves to blame.

My fear with FBA is not sending in my stuffs, but their ability to ship out during Christmas.  Would their distro centers be overwhelmed like in April and delay shipment of non-essentials items for weeks on end? That would be bad during holiday seasons

• Like 3

I think that's a fair concern. It depends on the virus. If flu season causes it to worsen, then you'll see another run on the essential stuff and Amazon might get overwhelmed. 

This is also a good case for all of us buying Christmas items we might want to give to friends and family right now.

As well as home schooling and home work electronics and furniture.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Small town guy here, Carl scans them in right in front of me.

27 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

my P.O. wont take the items, they've got bins for packages with pre-paid postage and just tell you to drop it in there.

@zaphoid  Can you go to a different post office?  If there's one not too far from you, I'd do it.  I'd rather have the piece of mind that it's been scanned.

Despite being in San Diego, I'm in a small town part of it.  Three Postal folks working there, know them all.  They're all happy to scan my items in front of me.  I'd rather get them scanned immediately then just drop them off and hope they show up in the system.  At least there's proof I've dropped them off.  And yes, I ask for the receipt.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

@zaphoid  Can you go to a different post office?  If there's one not too far from you, I'd do it.  I'd rather have the piece of mind that it's been scanned.

Despite being in San Diego, I'm in a small town part of it.  Three Postal folks working there, know them all.  They're all happy to scan my items in front of me.  I'd rather get them scanned immediately then just drop them off and hope they show up in the system.  At least there's proof I've dropped them off.  And yes, I ask for the receipt.

we've got a small time PO for a town of 100k.  They're building a new one so maybe it will get better in the future.  The next closest PO to me is 20+ min away.  

Does anyone drop packages at Mail Centers or other pack and mail type places?

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

i do the same and had to drive further away to another PO after they started making excuse to not scan them like.. running low on paper.  Enough people complained that they started scanning them again.