Quarantine Trends - LEGO Online Selling Prices

9 hours ago, redcell said:

Production is picking back up. I got a bunch of case packs today that were manufactured in Mexico last month so they're filling the pipeline back up.

Ditto this sentiment. My roller coaster that arrived the other day was 23R0 (Mexico). I did however receive a tree house the next day (same day?) that was 12S0.

1 hour ago, Voltron86 said:

Thanks for that, I think that's the kick up the rear end I need to just unload all of the sets that haven't shown potential. I knew it was the logical thing to do, but just kept on hoping some sets might break out.

Even after all of these years, I'm still glad there's a community here who you can throw ideas / get tips off, every day a school day.

You're welcome.  I learned that lesson the hard way by holding on to 20 x 10188 for far longer than I should have.  It kills me to think about how much better off I would be if I had kept that money rolling over the years that I held those sets.

1 hour ago, redcell said:

You're welcome.  I learned that lesson the hard way by holding on to 20 x 10188 for far longer than I should have.  It kills me to think about how much better off I would be if I had kept that money rolling over the years that I held those sets.

I agree with redcell.... you may hold it for longer than 5 years and still not sell at a profit.  That particular set is a dump.  It's as good as a Rey Constraction set.  It is the hardest thing to do is sell at a loss, but the rationale is "it's part of the business" or "not all will be home runs... "  Take the loss and move on.  That set may not move that fast even for 50% off retail.

Edited by thelovemachine

17 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

I agree with redcell.... you may hold it for longer than 5 years and still not sell at a profit.  That particular set is a dump.  It's as good as a Rey Constraction set.  It is the hardest thing to do is sell at a loss, but the rationale is "it's part of the business" or "not all will be home runs... "  Take the loss and move on.  That set may not move that fast even for 50% off retail.

I think I took a loss on the Rey constraction debacle even with only a $5-6 buy in.  I finally sold the last of them with a lot of other constractions and vowed never to invest in an albatross like that again.

2 hours ago, redcell said:

and better use of space..

5 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

I think I took a loss on the Rey constraction debacle even with only a $5-6 buy in.  I finally sold the last of them with a lot of other constractions and vowed never to invest in an albatross like that again.

The Boba Fett has been the home run in the series. I wish I would have put the money I spent in the others just picking up him. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

I remember seeing an entire bin full of Rey constraction sets (4 deep x 7 wide x 20 thick) at a TRU during bankruptcy selling for $5 each.  It was a nearly square block of them.  I pointed it out to my kids and they laughed.  Sorry for your pain.  You too will laugh... some day.

Edited by exracer327
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
8 hours ago, BillyBricks said:
It's been out so long, they aren't entirely sure who the character is anymore. 

JynErso.thumb.png.b83695d7dccc4d7e77a7c45fcb1149a7.png

This might just make it official that this is the worst performing set of all time. How many other sets can we say have been on 65% clearance for over a year online and have not sold out?

I wonder if Felicity Jones knows that her character is one of the top worst selling LEGO sets ever. I don't think so.

8 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I wonder if Felicity Jones knows that her character is one of the top worst selling LEGO sets ever. I don't think so.

I think that this failure has very little to do with either Felicity Jones or Jyn Erso.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, donbee said:

I give my Jyn and Rey and Chirru out as gifts to my kids’ friends... that I don’t care for much.
“Oh it’s Timmy’s birthday? No, not that one. Give him this one.”

well, did Timmy give that meh look when he sees them?