Buying 100 lbs. Of bulk bricks @ $3/lbs no figs but color seperated

Hey guys

What do u guys think is a good price to buy bulk bricks. Sorted with no minifigs. And bulk with mixed sets and some minifigs? I've been buying the latter at $4lbs all day long. But never sorted bulk with no figs. Advice please.

Thanks

Benzinjg

Edited by benzinjg
Spelling

• 3 months later...

I have never bought or sold bulk but that is my next step in selling off my collection once I finish making sure my built sets are 100% complete. I thought I read on here that $4/lb was the going rate but I now see someone offering $10/lb. Has the rate for bulk gone up crazy like the rest of the market?  I have boxes and bins full of clean new bulk that I would love to sell at this price.

It all depends. You can take the time to part it out and go through Bricklink or Brickowl, but selling in bulk is always a crap shoot. Separating by color or element can also help.  You sometimes get lucky but often after taxes and fees get very little profit. I cannot for the life of me understand how or why some buyers drop massive amounts of money on Shop Goodwill bulk lots. Used to be able to pick up a lot of minifigures and sets and tons of bulk bricks for pennies on the dollar. Now it's like paying a premium to sort through someone's trash.