Ideas #033: 21325 - Medieval Blacksmith

Alpinemaps

51 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Funny that it took more than a day for the Blacksmith to go from Available to Backordered. I guess because there's no must-have highly appealing GWP given with it right now.

My guess is that people are trying to pay off their credit cards from Christmas!

Moreover, the Lego shop near me indicated a few days back that it's been very slow in the store since mid-Jan. 

On 2/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, KShine said:

Uh-oh

I'm starting to think that calling about my missing chocolate boxes might not have been such a great idea.

OK, master of suspense:)...What did they say? I was going to call about that on my orders but have held off. 

3 hours ago, Belac said:

OK, master of suspense:)...What did they say? I was going to call about that on my orders but have held off. 

Pending - Apparently there was some "note"  on my account. He wouldn't say other than to say that there isn't a problem with adding the gwp to my orders or with my payment. But he put me on a long hold, and then came back to say that the department he needs to have a meeting with (regarding me) isn't available (they are working from home), but he will call me back (or email me) after they have their meeting.

Maybe I am the millionth lego.com customer, and I am going to win a prize, or maybe something less shall we say beneficial is at hand.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KShine said:

Pending - Apparently there was some "note"  on my account. He wouldn't say other than to say that there isn't a problem with adding the gwp to my orders or with my payment. But he put me on a long hold, and then came back to say that the department he needs to have a meeting with (regarding me) isn't available (they are working from home), but he will call me back (or email me) after they have their meeting.

Maybe I am the millionth lego.com customer, and I am going to win a prize, or maybe something less shall we say beneficial is at hand.

Image result for scared look gif

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KShine said:

EDBA90E2-41C8-481D-8BBF-A3FA3F8BDE9D.gif

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, KShine said:

5A2FBB5C-1508-43D6-A55F-AEF823311DF3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, about that LEGO Ideas Blacksmith set...I'm in the middle of the build with my girlfriend and it's a fun set.  I may not have the discerning taste as some here but I'm enjoying it.  It's the closest I've come to old school castle as I've had quite the LEGO hiatus since my original castle and Robin Hood sets from the 80s.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brick Licker said:

So, about that LEGO Ideas Blacksmith set...I'm in the middle of the build with my girlfriend and it's a fun set.  I may not have the discerning taste as some here but I'm enjoying it.  It's the closest I've come to old school castle as I've had quite the LEGO hiatus since my original castle and Robin Hood sets from the 80s.  

Agreed, I have 4 bags to go and love it. If you set aside expectations based on the original Ideas submission and take it for what it is, its a really lovely set with excellent detail and interesting building techniques. It reminds me of the Old Fishing Store in terms of quality of detail. Only my 2nd "day 1 buy", and well worth it. 

• Like 1

As a MOC fan I was a bit disappointed when they announced this set, but the more I see of this set the more I like it as an afol. I'm really interested in getting it to build along with my kid. It would be great fun for the two of us, and hey, maybe it will help get the next generation interested in the theme 😁 

I saw a moc that would go great with this, an updated version of the classic Armor shop

If there is truly a 3-in-1 castle set coming this summer that would be a day 1 for me. The various castle themes are the most nostalgia grabbing of all and I like the quality of the updates.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, tyskr28 said:

As a MOC fan I was a bit disappointed when they announced this set, but the more I see of this set the more I like it as an afol. I'm really interested in getting it to build along with my kid. It would be great fun for the two of us, and hey, maybe it will help get the next generation interested in the theme 😁 

I saw a moc that would go great with this, an updated version of the classic Armor shop

If there is truly a 3-in-1 castle set coming this summer that would be a day 1 for me. The various castle themes are the most nostalgia grabbing of all and I like the quality of the updates.

I haven't heard that rumor, but that's interesting to consider.  Last year we got the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship.  I would accept a year rotation of the classic themes as 3-in-1s as a good enough bone to throw at old time AFOLs.

As for this set, it continues to grow on me.  I really like the look of it, and I think I'll be picking this up.  Could fit into a Winter Village, with the right changes.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I haven't heard that rumor, but that's interesting to consider.  Last year we got the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship.  I would accept a year rotation of the classic themes as 3-in-1s as a good enough bone to throw at old time AFOLs.

As for this set, it continues to grow on me.  I really like the look of it, and I think I'll be picking this up.  Could fit into a Winter Village, with the right changes.

It's a fun set. It doesn't quite take me back to my old-school king's castle days, but it's a good start.

• Alpinemaps unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...