Please provide LEGO feedback on their current VIP rewards program

jaisonline

Which LEGO VIP Program Do You Like Better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which LEGO VIP Rewards system do you like better?

• Old VIP Program
    • Current VIP Program
    • Old Program Point Ratio & Checkout process with Current Program's choice of getting unique items or discount code.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/2020 at 03:00 AM

The Brick Fan is accumulating AFOL feedback for LEGO on their changed Rewards VIP system.

I know many of us aren’t fans of the changed program.  While there are some cool things about it, the checkout process has been degraded,  some folks don't like the new Points to Money Spent formula, etc...

Here is the link.  Leave comments on his web site.  Please leave comments as an AFOL there.  LEGO likely doesn’t want to hear reseller-related feedback.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-taking-feedback-on-lego-vip-program/

note : I also added a simple poll here.  Which rewards system do you like better? Old? New? A combo?

@tormentalous

The older system was simpler to calculate and to use the points as now you have the added step of asking for a code, waiting for an email and only being able to use certain amounts per purchase. That´s all a nightmare for reseller scum who just want to get a quick order in on the already slow SAH site.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The older system was simpler to calculate and to use the points as now you have the added step of asking for a code, waiting for an email and only being able to use certain amounts per purchase. That´s all a nightmare for reseller scum who just want to get a quick order in on the already slow SAH site.

How about replying as an AFOL?  LEGO will be seeing your feedback if Allen includes it.  I doubt they want to hear about reselling.
I do 100% with your comments about the entire code voucher process.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, jaisonline said:

How about replying as an AFOL?  LEGO will be seeing your feedback.  I doubt they want to hear about reselling,  thanks Val-E.

Better now?

The older system was simpler to calculate and to use the points in 5 euro increments as now you have the added step of asking for a code, waiting for an email and only being able to use certain predetermined amounts per purchase. That´s all a nightmare for a valued customer who just wants to get a quick order in on the already slow SAH site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had $400 of rewards built up but it seems I can only use $100 per purchase.  This is b u l l s h i t because under the old system I could have bought a very large Set using all my rewards like the roller coaster that I wanted and had every intention in doing so.... but now, the excitement is gone and I now have $500 in points just sitting there with nothing "large" that excites me.

Edited by LegoMan1212

In store, I've been able to redeem multiple $100 vouchers for a single item.  I haven't found anywhere in the VIP terms that this is prohibited, but it's also not advertised as possible.  Haven't tried it online.  I'd plan to confirm with your local store manager before trying it, just to be certain.

Needing to redeem the points before going to the store is a major pain, tho, given that the voucher expires after 30(?) days.

I don't buy a lot from Lego SAH or the store, but this makes it an even bigger pain. A few months ago I bought something in store for the first time under the new system and even the clerk was not happy about it. I don't really mind the new weird point numbers, though it really obscures the value of the points, but I'm not a fan of the way redemption works now.

14 hours ago, zarda1 said:

I haven't tried over $100 but I've done multiple codes of varied amounts. The reason I've never gone over $100 is that I'm afraid the system will eat my points or I'll run into some other unforeseen inconvenience. Never worried before.

In these scenarios (when you feel there is risk or fear of losing points/$$$ in advance of going through the process), I take screenshots of the process to document steps taken, time stamps, changes in points, errors encountered, etc.  Much easier to have all that in advance when you have to call customer service and explain what happened.  Ideally, though, no one should have to go through all that work.  The system should just work properly.  Of course, having had to do the work (or regretting when I hadn't) many times has turned me a bit cynical.  I don't have faith in very many 'systems' out there and take these steps to protect myself.

My main gripe with the new system is having to select your dollar-off reward as 1.) Online or 2.) Phone/In-Store... I made the mistake of picking the wrong one (Phone/In-Store) during the Black Friday sales.  I spent 45 minutes waiting on the phone canceling the reward, getting my points added back to my account, and re-issuing the points against the proper selection.  My fault in the end?  Yes, I was in a rush.  Still, I hope they fix this bug in the future, and I think I had read that was an issue they had planned to address in the future (can't remember where I read that), but that to roll out the system on time they had to have it split during "Go Live".