Parts Checklist?

Abelinkin

Question

5 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

bricklink.com

Thank you. I have been using bricklink, but was hoping for something where I could actually remove parts from the list as I found them or check them off in someway. I'm sorting through a lot of sets that are all mixed together and right now I've been printing off the lists (which works fine) but was hoping for something online instead.

Edited by Abelinkin

2 hours ago, Abelinkin said:

Thank you. I have been using bricklink, but was hoping for something where I could actually remove parts from the list as I found them or check them off in someway. I'm sorting through a lot of sets that are all mixed together and right now I've been printing off the lists (which works fine) but was hoping for something online instead.

There is a software called Brickstock (http://brickstock.patrickbrans.com) where you can open an inventory of a set and save it as a file on your computer.  You can use the status column to mark whether you have the parts or not.   This will also allow you to upload whatever selected parts you are missing to a wanted list on BrickLink to purchase them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

There is a software called Brickstock (http://brickstock.patrickbrans.com) where you can open an inventory of a set and save it as a file on your computer.  You can use the status column to mark whether you have the parts or not.   This will also allow you to upload whatever selected parts you are missing to a wanted list on BrickLink to purchase them.

Thank you, I will give this a go tomorrow. Sounds like it should do the trick! 

Much appreciated! 

I used BrickLink for this. There are a few ways to do this.

Go the set, under My Wanted List click Part Out. It will create a new wanted list and you will see a list of all the parts/pictures in the set with fields for required quantities. Editing the quantities = checking off parts. Save it when you're done and you're ready to order the parts you need.

If you know you have a lot of the parts on hand (esp large sets) click the Exclude button on the column header to exclude everything on the list, then when you see you need a part uncheck Exclude for that part and enter the amount you need. It's faster because if you're missing 3 parts from a set with 300 uniques you don't have to zero out each part quantity individually.

Also start by color sorting parts to speed up the process. BL sorts by color so you can look for multiple parts at once.