Ideas #031: 21323 - Grand Piano

Alpinemaps

2 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Told myself I’d wait until Q4 is over, and treat myself to building this. Lasted almost a week, but gave in. Very fun build, and I’d highly recommend it 😊

F05DD303-AE9D-40EE-A4B1-641D77BDDA40.jpeg

How long did it take to build?  Just an estimate like rounded to nearest hour.  Did you spread it across several days?  Did you use any of the electronic aspects yet or more of a display model for you?

54 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

How long did it take to build?  Just an estimate like rounded to nearest hour.  Did you spread it across several days?  Did you use any of the electronic aspects yet or more of a display model for you?

I really can’t put a number on it, because I build slow. It’s therapeutic for me. I spread it across about a week though. I haven’t tried any of the electronics yet, but I might hook them up and test it out for fun. It’s more of a display piece for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HandyHand said:

With UK having left the EU, and buying from the UK now adds additional VAT + customs fee + import tax, it's not interesting anymore for me to buy from Amazon UK. :( 

Buying from Amazon they should add an "import fees estimate". 

Was still worth it for me to buy some things from Amazon Germany. 

2 hours ago, HandyHand said:

With UK having left the EU, and buying from the UK now adds additional VAT + customs fee + import tax, it's not interesting anymore for me to buy from Amazon UK. :( 

2 minutes ago, Lukish said:

Buying from Amazon they should add an "import fees estimate". 

Was still worth it for me to buy some things from Amazon Germany. 

For me it usually is cheaper than the list price since vat is taken off and Swiss tax (7.7%) is added. The shipping fees are a little inconsistent though from UK, from the other amazon's (de, fr and it) its free ship.

Prior to 2020, Swiss vat was only collected for orders above 50ish euros. So I used to make orders which was enough for free shipping but not Swiss vat which makes things 20% off the listed price. That loophole was unfortunately closed last year where all big companies have to collect Swiss vat.