40377 - Donald Duck & 40378 - Goofy and Pluto

SLL

Lego Stores in London all have stock available for both of these - i will certainly be trying to get hold of as many as i am allowed as these will go well with the Minnie and Mickey Brickheadz released last year, though i cannot believe they have been and are still out of stock on the Lego website - after a few hours of coming live! Didn't they learn from the Minnie/Mickie releases? And will there be more....? I really doubt it. 

3 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Both Goofy+Pluto and Donald Duck sets are Temporarily Out of Stock (here in Europe anyway), but hoarded massively by resellers offering them for profit online. I wonder if this was just a one-time batch by LEGO or whether there will be more produced...

No brainer.  Will load up on them to compliment the truckload of Minnie and Mickey BH that I already have

Hi, welcome to LEGO® Service! I hope you're well today,
Natasha  11:49 AM

We'll definitely be getting more of the Disney™ BrickHeadz in stock, I just don't have a date for when they'll be back just now. I'd suggest you occasionally check back on LEGO.com, as soon as we have more information we'll put it on the website.
Natasha  11:49 AM

the website.
  • Like 1

Lego company is playing smart. BH was condemned by everybody here, and then they produced a few rare ones, and now everybody hoards them, although we all know they are overproducing. I would not be surprised if there are 100x more Donalds than Mickeys. And they all sell in dozens per person... :)

Standard TLG marketing strategy. Make ridiculously low first run exclusive to SAH to have the set sell out instantly and make people nervous. Rinse and repeat for runs two and three. Run four should allow everyone in China to have at least 5 personal copies of the set.

Exception to the strategy: TLM2 sets.

30 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Standard TLG marketing strategy. Make ridiculously low first run exclusive to SAH to have the set sell out instantly and make people nervous. Rinse and repeat for runs two and three. Run four should allow everyone in China to have at least 5 personal copies of the set.

Exception to the strategy: TLM2 sets.

Other exceptions - Mickey, Minnie, possibly the Ghost, a lot of the two-packs (Jack Skellington, etc.), Harry Potter... Although these weren't as limited as TLM2 figures, these were around and then gone fairly quickly. I think these sets are what start to cause people to get nervous and want to hoard some others. If they're wrong, the sets should still be good in a few years with a relatively low buy-in and they are easy to ship. 

• Like 1

got mine order today. The box material (paper) is different from all other brickets so far. I would say less "attactive" - kind of "matte" instead of "glossy surface" up til now. I dont like it. It looks cheap

new is also protection of the box from opening - no "press thumb here" sign anymore, standard "see-through seals" as from any other costly LEGO set with a production date.. mine reads 5109

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crayxlp said:

got mine order today. The box material (paper) is different from all other brickets so far. I would say less "attactive" - kind of "matte" instead of "glossy surface" up til now. I dont like it. It looks cheap

new is also protection of the box from opening - no "press thumb here" sign anymore, standard "see-through seals" as from any other costly LEGO set with a production date.. mine reads 5109

nice to hear that the push tabs are gone...my boy last year thought those were fun to do like popping bubble wrap...unfortunately for me, they were the Emmet and Wildstyle boxes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• 5 months later...