Minecraft 2020

Sandwraith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

OK, I still don't see the attraction of the game (my boy just started playing and I really don't get it)

BUT I am finally figuring out why the LEGO sets are so "molten" hot...and has been

The sets are like modulars...that all fit together into the individually designed world of the fan (which I guess is the obvious appeal of the game as well)

[is there even a SINGLE MC set (ever) that is not at least x2?]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OK, I still don't see the attraction of the game (my boy just started playing and I really don't get it)

BUT I am finally figuring out why the LEGO sets are so "molten" hot...and has been

The sets are like modulars...that all fit together into the individually designed world of the fan (which I guess is the obvious appeal of the game as well)

[is there even a SINGLE MC set (ever) that is not at least x2?]

The game is basically the digital version of LEGO. Try playing in Survival mode yourself for an hour and I'm pretty sure you'll be hooked. 

Yes there are MC sets that did not make it to x2 (I assume you mean RRP). Most infamous example is 21122 Minecraft The Nether Fortress. Only recently made it past RRP, now going for $100 on AMZ (RRP was $80). Set retired 3 years ago.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Phil B said:

The game is basically the digital version of LEGO. Try playing in Survival mode yourself for an hour and I'm pretty sure you'll be hooked. 

Yes there are MC sets that did not make it to x2 (I assume you mean RRP). Most infamous example is 21122 Minecraft The Nether Fortress. Only recently made it past RRP, now going for $100 on AMZ (RRP was $80). Set retired 3 years ago.

You could argue it's the best game ever made (my cumulative game play is less than 10 hours).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil B said:

my kid is only playing in "peaceful" mode or something and all he does is kill things or blow $hit up

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
27 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Outside of the older sets, how well have you all done with Minecraft recently? Keep seeing retiring sets pop and wondering If it’s worth a gamble on a few. Just not sure if the kids are still into it. Don’t feel like I’ve heard much out of the Minecraft camp in awhile. But again, no experience with the franchise. 

Kids are definitely still into Minecraft. I have a feeling that this is what drives parents to buy these sets: they know the kids like Minecraft but they want to pull them away from the computer for a little while. In my experience over the last 3 years, I've never had a Minecraft set disappoint. Even 21122 Nether Fortress eventually turned things around.  

• Like 1

Minecraft is still just as popular as it has ever been, at least according to my 7 year old and the kids in her class.

As far as Minecraft sets go, I think they all do fairly well, some better than others. It seems like the $75+ retail sets don't appreciate at as high of a % as the lower priced sets. Bedrock Adventure has been a relatively disappointing return compared with some of the less expensive sets, which doesn't bode well for Creeper Mine. I think the sets in the $30-$50 RRP range are the best bets.

6 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Minecraft is still just as popular as it has ever been, at least according to my 7 year old and the kids in her class.

As far as Minecraft sets go, I think they all do fairly well, some better than others. It seems like the $75+ retail sets don't appreciate at as high of a % as the lower priced sets. Bedrock Adventure has been a relatively disappointing return compared with some of the less expensive sets, which doesn't bode well for Creeper Mine. I think the sets in the $30-$50 RRP range are the best bets.

Creeper mine is a great example actually. It just seems to be lingering for far too long. 

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:
3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:
Creeper mine is a great example actually. It just seems to be lingering for far too long. 

What do you mean lingering? It isn't retiring yet.

Aye no shitz. Think I confused it with the zombie cave. So maybe these are really best to wait until there is a significant discount. 

Creeper Mine was doing great when TOOS everywhere this holiday.  I expect it will do just fine once retired, though it's all about when you sell.  There may be 90+ sellers, some of which you'll need to wait out until the price is right.  I expect the sales ranking will be pretty solid though.

3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Aye no shitz. Think I confused it with the zombie cave. So maybe these are really best to wait until there is a significant discount. 

Eh. I'd be careful on that. If you like them, I'd get them if you see them for 20% off, or with some sets, buying at regular price isn't bad either if you are trying to build up stock. Often, the 20% off is a permasale that lulls you into thinking it'll lower and it never does. I have definitely regretted holding off on Minecraft sets until it was too late and I could only purchase a few scraps because the price never really dropped beyond inconsistent clearance others may have found.