eBay Glitch??

Libade

I was just notified that one of my items sold on eBay. When I went to mail it, I noticed that it was listed at $45, but the offer of $42 was automatically accepted. The customer service person I spoke to tried to tell me that the boxes "automatically accept offers more than xxxx" and "automatically decline offers less than xxxxxx" were NOT checked off and that was why it happened. 

Yesterday, I received a low offer on an item and was able to decline it, so I don't know if this is something new or has more to do with the offer price being only $3 less than the listed price.

I'm setting those boxes to accept offers a penny less than my asking price and decline offers a few dollars less than asking price - just to be safe (I hope)

eBay said they would look into it, but really, who knows?? 

Wondering if that has happened to anyone else recently? 

23 minutes ago, Libade said:

I was just notified that one of my items sold on eBay. When I went to mail it, I noticed that it was listed at $45, but the offer of $42 was automatically accepted. The customer service person I spoke to tried to tell me that the boxes "automatically accept offers more than xxxx" and "automatically decline offers less than xxxxxx" were NOT checked off and that was why it happened. 

Yesterday, I received a low offer on an item and was able to decline it, so I don't know if this is something new or has more to do with the offer price being only $3 less than the listed price.

I'm setting those boxes to accept offers a penny less than my asking price and decline offers a few dollars less than asking price - just to be safe (I hope)

eBay said they would look into it, but really, who knows?? 

Wondering if that has happened to anyone else recently? 

Not a glitch, this has been around for quite some time.  Make sure you read and review your entire auction before listing it.  This is an option that can be activated or deactivated. 

20190919_111737.thumb.jpg.81498ace854ccee033cdaf97a03d4de9.jpgI guess I just don't understand. 

I didn't have Best Offer checked off (the customer service person put a copy of the listing in my drafts so I could see how it was listed)

But even if I did, I never check off the auto accept or auto decline feature. I want to review offers always. 

20190919_111626.jpg

20190919_111611.jpg

Edited by Libade
dupe pictures

7 minutes ago, Libade said:

I usually start on my laptop and use the app to add photos. Maybe that was it. Thanks

I've been using the Brave web browser for almost a year and for some reason I still can't upload photos using that browser. 

I have to toggle over to the app on my phone myself.  Between this and the constant auto changing of the buy it now firm to offers accepted, ebay it's becoming a real pita. 

2 hours ago, Libade said:

I usually start on my laptop and use the app to add photos. Maybe that was it. Thanks

I know for a fact the app will sometimes just randomly turn on "Best offers" for me it's almost every time. I only use the app to upload pictures these days.

Not only will it turn best offer on, it will set the auto accept to %50 of the items listing price for me, no beuno.

This has been an ongoing issue for 3 years with random listings for me. It's real. All listed in chrome from my laptop. I never check best offer, then I get a best offer. Then I talk to an eBay drone that tells me I'm wrong and tries to tell me that I should put all my listings on best offer to improve sales. The real issue for me isn't that one sale, it's that if this happens to a listing, and someone makes an offer I can't go back and "uncheck" the box on the listing. It's greyed out. And the only way to get it unchecked is to repost the listing. Simple enough, except when the listing is an MOC that I've sold 100 times and would lose the "100 sold" on my listing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

13 minutes ago, FM said:

This has been an ongoing issue for 3 years with random listings for me. It's real. All listed in chrome from my laptop. I never check best offer, then I get a best offer. Then I talk to an eBay drone that tells me I'm wrong and tries to tell me that I should put all my listings on best offer to improve sales. The real issue for me isn't that one sale, it's that if this happens to a listing, and someone makes an offer I can't go back and "uncheck" the box on the listing. It's greyed out. And the only way to get it unchecked is to repost the listing. Simple enough, except when the listing is an MOC that I've sold 100 times and would lose the "100 sold" on my listing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Check your communication preferences (Account Settings > Communication Preferences). There is one under the selling activity notifications labeled "Offers added notification". If you set the notification to "Real-Time" you will get an email when they "upgrade" your listing to accept best offer. That way you can change it back as soon as possible.

I've never had offers added a second time on a listing after removing them after they provided me the free upgrade.