7346 - Seaside House

dehydr8ed

So I have recently started purchasing the Lego Creator houses, and am curious what anyone thinks of the Seaside House 7346. They are on Amazon for 20% off and was considering buying three or four. Any thoughts? I just got four Hillside Houses with the buy on get one 50% off at Toys R UpPriced after reading a post from another member.

These aren't really as 'glamorous' as the licensed sets, but I think they have solid potential down the road. I'd also like them a heck of a lot better at more than 20% off. Check out some of the EOL creator houses to get an idea of what potential there may be.

Good idea. In my opinion, the Creator houses may not be as spectacular as the modulars but at the right price and in bulk, you could make some of your own modular-esque housing. Just a thought as a builder.

As a builder I love all the creator houses! As a more recent Lego buyer after my dark ages, I missed out on some cool creator houses that I crave (that have gone up nicely in price). To be honest, I want more than one of each, to either build and have a couple variations in my Lego city or to combine with each other to make super-creator-houses. They are also nice as I find creator houses gender-neutral, and appeals to everyone. Everybody gotta live somewhere.

As a builder I love all the creator houses! As a more recent Lego buyer after my dark ages, I missed out on some cool creator houses that I crave (that have gone up nicely in price). To be honest, I want more than one of each, to either build and have a couple variations in my Lego city or to combine with each other to make super-creator-houses. They are also nice as I find creator houses gender-neutral, and appeals to everyone. Everybody gotta live somewhere.

I too missed out on some of the earlier CREATOR houses which is unfortunate because those were some really good ones. If my financial situation was a little better, I would so buy three or more at a time of each CREATOR set, either to build all the included designs at once or for parts or both. I agree that they have a more general appeal and I believe that will ultimately help their value and desirability down the road.

The Hillside House (5771) might be a good buy. It is retired and BOGO half off at TRU right now. And it has a sound brick. Not many sets have that. Not sure if that helps the value at all.

I would have to agree wholeheartedly that this set, besides looking nice, could gain value just for that unique sound brick alone. There is also the varied selection of rare parts in certain colors to contribute to value.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the modular houses. I think they are a nice addition to modular buildings to have a city with homes in it also. My personal favorites are the homes with a garage, I couldn't tell you why, I just like a house that can hide a car. The only instance I broke down on was the lighthouse, but to me that was a very unique build and a worthy creator addition. Now if only started to sell city street baseplates again to make them all blend modulars and creator homes together.

Now if only started to sell city street baseplates again to make them all blend modulars and creator homes together.

That is strange. I can't remember the last time I saw a baseplate, let alone a roadplate, in any store. Seems like you have to buy the really big CITY sets like the Police or Fire Station to get one.

Wait, I did see a 48x48 stud green baseplate at Target last year for almost $20!

Talk about a ridiculous markup....

I also missed some of the early Creator Houses. I really like these sets and love how you can make 3 different variations of the same house. Essentially you can buy 3 Seaside House's and make it 3 different ways, then buy the old yellow beach house Creator set and build it 3 different ways, which gives you 6 different beach houses, add in some blue base plates (to resemble the ocean), a ship or two, and some of the new Coast Guard sets coming out this summer, and you have one nice beach MOC. Sorry that was an awful run-on sentence, but I hope you got my point. Also, as far as you all not seeing road base plates, I have seen 7280 Straight and Cross Road base plates at the Lego store pretty frequently (I have been picking up a couple here and there for a city layout I'm working on). However, I do understand that many don't have Lego stores nearby and I don't think I've ever seen road base plates anywhere other than at Lego stores and online.

It does seem that LEGO Shop-at-Home is about the only place to get roadplates. I'm looking forward to the "Family House" too! Even the alternate designs are great. The "Tree House" is kinda cute, the "Small Cottage" is rather so-so but does have an easy to modify style and I might buy a few to build something much larger.

• 1 year later...

I have had very good success with past creator houses, and have plenty of the current ones (family home and hillside house), but I don't have any of these. For some reason it just doesn't stand out. Maybe because it's a tad small compared to the other houses. I feel the same way about the small cottage. I am sure others feel differently, but my investment dollars are going into the larger creator houses and the bike shop.

I have had very good success with past creator houses, and have plenty of the current ones (family home and hillside house), but I don't have any of these. For some reason it just doesn't stand out. Maybe because it's a tad small compared to the other houses. I feel the same way about the small cottage. I am sure others feel differently, but my investment dollars are going into the larger creator houses and the bike shop.

Well I can agree the Small Cottage is very small although nice so it may not get high marks but then again at one time I felt the same about the Log Cabin and that seems to be gaining some momentum presently. I feel as though the Seaside House can do great if anything just for the ample selection of medium blue bricks few of which are exclusive to the set or very rare. The Market Street was the only other set I found to have so many medium blue parts in one spot which happens to be one of the main reasons why I ended up buying four of the Seaside House. I love the color and was planning on using those Seaside Houses to build my own Market Street just to see what that experience is like.

Anyway, the Seaside House retains a somewhat steady secondary value a smidge above $40 which isn't too bad in spite of still being currently available. With that said, I managed to purchase two at $35 and another two for $39. Honestly I would purchase these all day for $35. Yes, I love the set that much. Haha.

I've gotta pick one of these up to build. Do these go on sale often?

Amazon still has this around $39.99 which may be the best you can find right now unless you are lucky to spot some at a Walmart for $35.

Honestly I would purchase these all day for $35. Yes, I love the set that much. Haha.

Amazon still has this around $39.99 which may be the best you can find right now unless you are lucky to spot some at a Walmart for $35.

I agree, anything below 35 is a deal for this set... I've been able to get a few from kmart at that price using coupons or points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker mobile app