Need help from someone who has dealt with lighting LEGO's with LEDs

scatttcat

Hi,

SO I stumbled upon the site "Light my Bricks". Pretty cool site and I was drawn to how they sell specific kits for specific sets, but I also naturally assumed they are up-charging quite a bit. I wanted to ask someone's opinion who has a lot of experience buying LED lights and mounting them in their displays.

For example, they sell a lighting kit for a UCS Tie (Here). It looks like the kit comes with:

1 x Flat Battery Pack
5 x Bit Lights (White)
1 x Multi-Effects Board
2 x 6-Port Expansion Board
1 x Connecting Cable 5 cm
2 x CR2032 Batteries
3 x Assorted LEGO® pieces for assembly 

Lets say for argument sake I take advantage of their free global shipping, so we don't count that as an added cost. They are charging $34.99 for the kit. Can someone who regularly does lighting an purchases it actively in the US tell me how much that would cost if I bought pieces elsewhere? I've also heard of LifeLites...

• 9 months later...

For now, the kits are merely in the stage and do not fall under a prodigy launch according to the LEGO User Lab. These kits were been displayed during the LEGO World Copenhagen, and there are a lot of pictures of this set filtering the LEGO universe. No one knows when they will be made available or if they will ever be made available. If the tests do not go as planned, the LEGO night mode may be scrapped.